Recent content by Skywalker

  1. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Wow! How did your bilateral go? Do you have a recovery thread? I cant believe it has been so long since I posted this thread and I am only just getting my surgery!
  2. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    yes.... lots of hoops to jump through. I’m on the other side now!!
  3. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Hello everyone! Rereading all these posts has been so sweet. It’s been a long road for this hip. I got a cortisone injection a couples months ago, did physical therapy, and all sorts of other things that could help. Now it’s finally time for surgery. I am getting a reconstruction done on the...
  4. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    The big Update! Thank you all for keeping up with me and encouraging me on this journey! It was a long 3 weeks waiting for the Doctor appointment, but this morning, I finally saw him! Ronald Gregush was awesome. I loved talking to him and he really put a lot of thought into everything! So here...
  5. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    What a great message, thank you so much! It made me feel nice that this is an “Active persons problem”, haha! Ill try to keep that in mind. I cant imagine having both hips replaced... That would be so much to go through in one year! Is it possible for your healthy hip to start hurting simply...
  6. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    WOw, yeah. That makes a lot of sense! My husband and I were joking about the five stages of grief and realized we had actually been going through them! This whole journey started out with me being in so much denial over the past several months with how bad it was and refused to acknowledge it...
  7. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    As previously mentioned, I was a dancer, but also I am super short, and so I am seldom comfortable in any chair. Crossing legs, sitting on a foot, or sitting criss-cross has always helped me feel comfortable. To be restrained from being able to do those things feels scary and that I will lose a...
  8. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    is it sad that that feels like the end of my world? Am I pathetic?
  9. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Thank you so much! DO you guys have any recommendation for good questions to ask? Also, I have a random question... After getting a THR, and after the healing process is over, can you cross your legs? Or criss-cross-applesauce? @Mojo333 YEs! I found it very refreshingly real and transparent...
  10. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Thank you @CricketHip and @Mojo333 !!! I just want you two to know, I spent the afternoon reading through your post Op Threads and I just feel so much joy for you both and a lot of—(what my husband and I have come to call)—Nostalgic/nausea—in that it is just so moving to watch your stories...
  11. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    (And thank you!! Yes, I love my babies!)
  12. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Thanks so much everyone! I heard back and I FINALLY have an appointment for next Friday with Dr. Ronald Gregush!! Woohooo!! Just one more week and I will have some forward motion! Thanks for waiting with me, everyone!
  13. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    I hear back from the Surgeons office today! When I called them yesterday they said they were looking at my case and deciding if they could take my insurance and said I should hear by the end of the day today! Here is hoping!!!
  14. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Thank you so much, @Calgal —and everyone else! It really helps to hear this. I like basing my opinion on people who have actually been through it rather from those who are going off of hear-say. I had my husband read through the thread and he was so encouraged as well. This is just sooo helpful...
  15. Skywalker

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    That is so helpful, thank you! I was told by several people that you can only have a maximum of two joint replacements in your life. So if you use up two in younger years, that’s it! Is that true?? Even my friend in England says that.
Back
Top Bottom