Recent content by skygirl7

  1. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    I just read a thread from a gal who is 13 weeks post op and still having trouble with walking without a limp. I can walk ok, but I have to concentrate on starting on my heel then bending. I am having difficulty sleeping (still have to prop the leg on a pillow), going down stairs and bending. I...
  2. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the activity suggestions. I do have a few closets that need attention and photos to organize also. I think my biggest concern about the pain meds is, I am close to having to have my 4th refill and I don't want my doctor to think I am getting addicted to them. I don't know what is...
  3. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Today I went 6 hours before my knee ached and reminded me to take a pill. Yippee! This is not an easy thing recovering from TKR but every day gets me closer to the independence I want to get back to. What do some of you folks do to pass the time? My backside hurts from sitting so much!
  4. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Thank you skigirl! I value everyone's advice and experience. I am encouraged when I read other people's threads and have learned a lot from this site. I told my PT about this site and I hope he passes it on to his patients. He is extremely sensitive and gentle, so I think I am getting the...
  5. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    So, how come I could do exercises one day and the next day have a pain that prohibits that same movement? Is this part of the recovery process? The good news is, I have been able to space out my pain meds for longer periods now which is a relief as I was concerned about not being able to do...
  6. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    I am currently 4 weeks post op and have finally been able to space out my pain meds 5 hours between doses. If I try to go longer, the achy pain gets too bad. Also, I am experiencing a new pain that I haven't felt before after exercises. Does the pain change places and severity during the...
  7. skygirl7

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    :shocked: Ouch! Sorry to hear this. I sympathize with you. It's enough to go through the initial surgery and then have something else happen. Have a good cry and then relax and let the healing start. Please keep us posted. :tantrum:
  8. skygirl7

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    I am at 90 ROM and going to the Dr. to get my staples removed tomorrow...Tues 6/11. Kind of nervous about that. The incision site is still sore, so I hope it isn't too painful. I'm alittle tired of pain by now and want to be pain free, but that won't come for awhile. The PT is still...
  9. skygirl7

    TKR scheduled for end of May...encouragement needed.

    I hope your recovery is going well. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Just remember...baby steps and it will get better every day. :puppysmooze:
  10. skygirl7

    TKR scheduled for end of May...encouragement needed.

    Thanks Tim C. I still can't navigate this site very well.
  11. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Thanks Denise I have also been told no singles only doubles, then why did I get a triathlon knee? I don't see much difference between tennis and golf with the twisting. It must be the high impact that may wear out the knee sooner. I think after a good year, you could try it. Im probably...
  12. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the replies. I have tried the two pillow style with some success. 4 hours without cramping is a success for me. I am also a side sleeper and can do that for an hour or so before I have to change positions. I have not tried the leg rest pillow? Does anyone have the name for that...
  13. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    Any good ideas for comfortable sleeping positions? Other than in my lounge chair, I can't get comfortable in my bed. I will not put a pillow under my knee for fear of it never straightening out. Two sleepless nights and it is effecting my energy level for rehab. Help!
  14. skygirl7

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Hi everyone. One week post op. This time last week I was in the hospital and wondering what the heck did I do that for. Now I am saying, it's getting better everyday. PT is hard but I feel I have accomplished something when it is over. It's hard, yet a blessing to slow my life down. I...
  15. skygirl7

    TKR Skygirl17's Recovery Thread

    It was one week ago when I had the TKR and I am able to get around on one crutch! I don't have to wear the stabilizer and getting a bit more mobile each day. Yesterday the drug fog lifted and felt pretty normal. I can't wait to see what another week into this will bring. Cart wheels? Tennis...
Back
Top Bottom