Recent content by skye_56

  1. S

    TKR Nickel Allergy

    I know I'm late to the party - but the same thing happened to me - except I got the testing first (patch and then MELISA). Conclusion - my hip replacement is permanently "on-hold" The doctor that did the tests said you could have a systemic reaction - which means it could pop up someplace...
  2. S

    THR Got My MELISA Metals Test Back

    @Jamie thank you SO much for the suggestions. I will reach out to their Orthopedic departments and keep you in the loop.
  3. S

    THR Got My MELISA Metals Test Back

    Jamie I actually really like the OS I had found in Boston and none of this is his fault. I've had a lot of dental work done. Crowns, root canals, fillings and even two implants. Over the years my eosinophil levels kept going up until they reached a staggering 2,000 when I got veneers...
  4. S

    THR Got My MELISA Metals Test Back

    and I'm very sad - so I'm not allergic to titanium, but I am allergic to all the alloys in the titanium implant. Even the Stryker implant - the one the Doctor said was 100% titanium, Stryker said is not. So after talking to the OS and three other doctors, we all came to the conclusion to...
  5. S

    THR Spinal Block & Breathing

    You guys are great at keeping me calm. I always seem to run into the horror stories first! Does it take long for the spinal to wear off?
  6. S

    THR Spinal Block & Breathing

    So reading a bunch of stuff comparing spinal block versus GA. I read in a number of places that your torso (including your diaphragm and lungs) can go numb. Has anyone had problems breathing? Is this common? That's pretty scary stuff. EDIT: I'm getting THR
  7. S

    THR THR & Antibotics

    I also asked a friend of mine who has had 1 hip and both his knees done and he said his Dr recommended for 3 months. On the list to ask!
  8. S

    THR THR & Antibotics

    I was just reading over the paperwork and it says I have to take antibiotics for the rest of my life when I go to the dentist (even teeth cleaning) or have any minor or major surgery or tests to avoid infection. Is that correct (although nothing I can about it)?
  9. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    10 - 14 days...
  10. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    Just had my blood drawn for the MELISA test - 7 tubes....but they left me some LOL
  11. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    I have a question about the spinal block - how long does it take to wear off. It must be pretty fast, as they want you up and walking before you leave.
  12. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    You guys are all so wonderful - thank you for the encouragement. It helps so much when you feel a part of a community!
  13. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    @GrannyC Thank you for your words of encouragement. I do tend to be a nervous Nellie - I also read online (first big mistake) that the spinal can affect your breathing - but it was not specific as the location of the spinal that may affect your breathing. So that completely freaked me out...
  14. S

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    Sooo....found a doctor and have my date - February 18. The only thing pending is my metal allergy testing and getting over my fear of a spinal block.
  15. S

    2020 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Ahhhh..... I'm doing it - February 18
Back
Top Bottom