Recent content by Skydove

  1. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Layla, I had a telephone appointment with my OS who said that the hip replacement most likely caused the fracture. ‍ anyway, I am now able to walk. I have Bursas the size of a fist on both hip replacements and I guess I am lucky as I can walk despite everything. The lymphoedema...
  2. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Thank you so much Seattle, you thoughtful reply has given me a few ideas. I am now 3 and a half months post fracture. I have a Bursa on the original hip replacement on the left, about the size of a fist and now the same, another Bursa roughly that size on the right. Both very painful. Have...
  3. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Thanks for letting me know this, Seattle 1522. All good information. My pain which is off the chrarts is in both wrists. Not sure what to do but am seeing GP on 6th Jan, so she may throw some light on it. thanks again
  4. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Hippie Life, Thanks so much for this reply. Can you please tell me what happened with your fractured Greater Trochanter. Did you have surgery or any treatment? I would be very interested to know. Thanks again. Skydove
  5. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Thanks again Layla for your support and advice, wich I will look into. Cheers Skydove
  6. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Eman5 Thanks for thee tips re wrists, will look into this. Many thanks.
  7. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi everyone, I also have developed another problem which is my wrists. They are very swollen and extremely painful. I’m using my hands for the wheelchair, to push up out of it, push up in bed and off chairs and now wrists are almost as painful as my leg, they are like they’re sprained. I also...
  8. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Thanks also Bodie’s mum for you caring and thoughtful reply. Cheers Skydove
  9. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Seattle1522 Thanks for your reply and I think I will try what you’ve suggested. I’ve already done number 1) so will see what happens with the rest. thanks fo your email and kind thoughts.
  10. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Layla the message on his machine just says”Office is closed till Jan 10th” that’s it. My apptmt with him is on 24th Jan. I’m going to ring his office on Jan 10 and see if I can get a telephone apptmt with him. Not too enthusiastic though. thanks again Layla I appreciate your thoughts...
  11. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi going4fun I have rung OS office a few times but message says office is closed and to call back Jan 10 which I plan on doing. thanks so much for your support, it certainly helps. Cheers Skydove
  12. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi everyone, Thank you all so much for all your posts which touched me greatly. Here’s an update. After waiting hours in emergency at the hospital on 23rd Dec, they finally contacted my OS who was away on holidays at the time. He ordered X-rays and a CT. The X-rays showed nothing but the CT...
  13. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Going4Fun Unfortunately I am back in hospital, yes 2 days before Xmas. I was operated on for TRHR on 14th Dec and discharged from Hospital on 17th Dec. on 23rd Dec I was standing in my living room and all of a sudden a very loud CRACK immediately followed by pain and I could not weight...
  14. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi everyone I am now back in hospital because my hip replacement fractured and I now have a broken hip. Is this a normal occurrence? I am feeling very upset and weepy.
  15. Skydove

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi Layla Good to hear from you again. Thanks for your comments, I was just annoyed at the time and thinking of all the inconvenience etc. but actually, I need shut up and realise just how lucky I am to have had the hip replaced, whether or not he did what he said he would or not. We do...
Back
Top Bottom