Recent content by Skip

  1. S

    TKR Questions 8 months from surgery

    Oh and one more thing that helped with the long sleepless nights…my granddaughter introduced me to video games, never had much use for them……..love madden football….it will pass hours and you get very sleepy too…..
  2. S

    TKR Questions 8 months from surgery

    Hey Mickey….I hated it….I swore I’d kick my dr.s butt….never thought it would get better….nights of leg spasms. Restless leg, only sleep on back….it sucked butt….BUT, month 6 was awesome….do aqua therapy, my right knee still will not hold me up, no dr will touch it for replacement, but the water...
  3. S

    TKR Young Total Knee Replacement - Athlete Recovery

    I too lost my first knee yo rugby at 21…..
  4. S

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    I can’t believe after doing one knee you’d have the guts to do another….this sucks….I would never recommend replacement to anyone!
  5. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    Ok so I’m what 15 weeks out from tkr and today the pt told me to make an appointment with my surgeon to see if everything is ok because I’m not progressing as they think I should…say they’re only trying to get me back to work...sound right….think I’m doing about I can…working through...
  6. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    12 weeks tomorrow….still waiting on “one day”….wish it would get here this is ridiculous….
  7. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    I can not walk….my surgical knee is ok…it hurts but it’s supposed to right?….as I’ve stated before my right one is a non operable knee that is far worse than the other….it will not support my weight….surgeon stated 3months before surgery, 1month before surgery, three weeks before surgery and the...
  8. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    Wish I had a time machine…I’d like to go back to 1-17-22 and tell them to pound sand….this was a very serious mistake….I am now a cripple..
  9. S

    TKR I wouldn't do it again.

    I’m with you…I would never do this again nor would I recommend it to anyone I like….terrible experience….would rather have my arthritic knees back I do believe….hoping to be able to walk without assistance by June/July but I doubt it….terrible experience terrible!!!!!
  10. S

    TKR LTKR Recovery Continues

    Everyone around me is ready for me to be normal….i switched from walker to cane not by choice last week….left knee seems ok…the non surgical leg is a son of a gun….it buckled and goes out frequently wife just told me I have two canes move on with it….I’ve been home too long….so I’m dealing with...
  11. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    Yes the Va did the surgery I see the surgeon on Thursday….we’re going to have a talk about this and the darn tourniquet! And no the nurse practitioner is in general medicine….
  12. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    I was just at the point of starting balance and strength….I think I can manage something….just pisses me off a nurse practitioner I haven’t seen in two years is dictating my treatment….go ahead send your $19 a month and they’ll water it away on cocaine and hookers….knee feels like ****… no real...
  13. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    Well I made it to 6 weeks post op….117 is the max bend which I’m cool with….for now….but as I was getting ready to go to my pt appointment this morning I was notified that the VA said I’ve had enough pt to not show up and basically move on….lmao got to love your veterans administration….
  14. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    112 today…pretty pumped!
  15. S

    TKR 4 weeks Monday (2/14)

    Yes the dr wanted to give me muscle relaxers….I hate pills….that’s why I live with the pain most of the time….thanks for the reply….my wife has me carrying a bar of soap?!?
Back
Top Bottom