This is sort of hard to explain but I'll do my best.
I had LTHR about 4.5 weeks ago. It was a metal on plasic replacement. Been doing pretty good - in fact I'm walking on my own now with no help. Some tenderness but not too bad from a pain standpoint.
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced...
Hello,
I am 3.5 weeks post-op for LTHR. In general, I am feeling better each day - which is a good sign and I hope it continues. When I was in the hospital afte the THR, the PT staff went over some simple exercises to strengthen my hip. When I went to my 2 week post-op checkup, my doctor...
I would agree...selecting a surgeon is very stressful. It's difficult to gauge how happy you'll be with the end result after a 20 minute visit with the doctors. I visited 2 surgeons and truthfully liked them both. I am relatively young as well (37) and went with the surgeon that was younger...
@dougie0216 - I have never heard of the lidoderm patches...but I will begin researching right after I'm done with this post! With the holidays approaching I do have some 4+ hour road trips ahead of me...that I am already dreading So, I'm willing to try anything. Thanks again for this suggestion!
The lower back pain is something I was going to ask about in another thread but glad you brought that up! That's definitely been an issue for me as well. In fact I went to the chiropractor just last week. I have an office job but could barely sit in my chair. I feel a bit better now after a...
@xtina16405 ...SLEEP! Now that is a timely message. I think woke up about every hour last night, then try to find a comfortable position then back to sleep. So great to hear that you are getting better sleep now. I can't wait!
Thanks to you all for the replies. I love hearing your success...
Thank you for the replies! It is great to hear that my situation in terms of pain and treatment isn't unique.
sfbionicat50 - You asked..."I would like to know if anyone out there had any success with prescription anti-inflamatories, steroid injections, or arthroscopy". I have done all three...
Hello,
First, this site is great! Best I've found related to hip issues. Really nice to hear all of your stories. I have so many questions I want to ask but want to start with this one:
What are the different things you tried before you decided to do the THR?
As you all know this is a...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.