Recent content by Ski Gal

  1. Ski Gal

    Bilateral THR Is this normal?

    Actually, it is more to the right. Pretty much on the line of R2B and R1B. I had this pain before surgery also, it just seems slightly intensified now. It is mainly when I am sitting, sometimes laying on my back. Tylenol and ice help. I’ll look at the article. Thank you.
  2. Ski Gal

    Bilateral THR Is this normal?

    Sure. I would say the pain is in the upper right corner of VR2B and/or upper left corner of VR1B. Sometimes it feels like my hamstring is burning but mostly it’s just the spot I mentioned on the graph. That’s a great graph by the way! I appreciate your help.
  3. Ski Gal

    Bilateral THR Is this normal?

    Thanks for all the information! Yes, ice, elevating and Tylenol help. I had cut back on the Tylenol but I think I need to maintain an every 4-6 hour schedule with it. Tomorrow I am trying my first day back at work. It's mostly a desk job, and my employer is extremely understanding. They said...
  4. Ski Gal

    Bilateral THR Is this normal?

    Hello fellow hipsters! I had bilateral THR just over a month ago. I felt I was doing well but in the last 3-4 days feel like I have taken a step backward. I mostly walk for exercise (around the block a couple of times a day), and I have the PT/exercises they send home with you. I just take...
  5. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Yes, I already tried it and it just fits!
  6. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    It is good to hear everyone's story so I can prepare for things they don't tell you! Can anyone answer this - I have what is considered a "handicapped" toilet - it sits higher, plus I am only 5'. Will that be sufficient, or do I need the bars on either side? Did anyone have trouble getting on...
  7. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Wow, that’s awesome for you! Insurance here in the states is expensive and I still will owe 7300 out of pocket- another reason to have both at the same time - ouch$ So I’ve never hadn’t any medical problems and never surgery - what does OS stand for? Some type of surgeon I imagine? My surgeon...
  8. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Good to know! I didn’t realize that!
  9. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    I will see how it goes. My employers will be fine with it if I have to stay home longer, but my pocketbook won't be happy! I am wondering if the recovery time the Dr. quoted is because I am having the Anterior approach where they don't cut through any muscle? I know there are different...
  10. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Lol! I don't mind being alone either. Although my sister is staying with me for a week and my boyfriend will be around till the first of July(we don't live together, but he lives in the same town, but will be gone the month of July). I have a lot of the things you mentioned, except the leg...
  11. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    I will definitely keep all the advice in mind. I want to do everything (or not do, as the case may be!) to ensure the best results. I've already got quite a few books lined up to read(I never seem to have enough time to read!)
  12. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Good advice Mojo333. Thank you.
  13. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Thanks for the information everyone! It gives me a little more insight as to what to expect. I've done lots of reading, watched lots of you tube videos, and have gone through the pre-op class so I feel like I know at least a little of what to expect. I've been exercising all along...
  14. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Thanks Mojo333! Yes, I think your right on the having to be patient part. I do tend to try to do "just one more" or "just a little longer", so I will remember your words! My Doc said I will go home the day after surgery - which seems so crazy! What was your biggest challenge? Steps...
  15. Ski Gal

    Having bilateral hip replacement

    Well, I finally have a date for surgery - June 13th. I wanted to make sure everything was ok with the dentist and luckily it is. Only minor stuff that I will have done 6 months down the road. So now to psych myself up for the big day. Tomorrow I take a 3 hour pre-op class. Has anyone else...
Back
Top Bottom