Recent content by SJW

  1. SJW

    TKR SJW's Recovery

    Well, after 12 (sometimes long) weeks I go back to work tomorrow. . I spoke to my GP earlier and she said it was fine to take a sleeping pill every night for a short time as I am still healing so my sleep is better (although it didn’t seem to work last night - getting nervous I guess). Generally...
  2. SJW

    TKR Clunking and swelling

    I am 3 years out from my RTKR and still feel some clunking when I walk. My surgeon said it was noticeable as it is part of my skeleton now so the noise travels right up to my head but that I would get used to it. He’s right - sometimes I notice it and sometimes I don’t.
  3. SJW

    TKR SJW's Recovery

    As always thank you for the great advice - I really appreciate it. I peruse through Bonesmart every day and couldn’t imagine going through this without it. I will keep you posted.
  4. SJW

    TKR SJW's Recovery

    Well I am starting week 9 and it has been up and down. I am going to physio twice a week (started on day 14) but will stop this week as I think I can do a version of what I do there at home. I am having so much trouble sleeping - either I take a sleeping pill or I don’t fall asleep till almost...
  5. SJW

    TKR Second TKR!

    I am getting my left TKR on Tuesday. I had my right TKR done 3 years ago and it wasn’t a great experience. I am nervous as the first one was a horrible experience. This time I am going into it less positively and hopefully I will be surprised and it will be a better than the first.
  6. SJW

    TKR Cementless tkr

    Thanks for your response. I had cement on my right knee and am nervous about cementless.
  7. SJW

    TKR Cementless tkr

    I am getting a right tkr in a couple of weeks and have been asked to participate in a clinical trial for a cementless tkr. I have been doing some research myself, but just wondering if anyone has heard about this or have any thoughts on it. Thanks!
  8. SJW

    TKR Here we go again

    Hi Kneely. I feel the same way you do. My RTKR was done in October 2019 and I am scheduled for the LTKR on November 29. My right knee was not a good experience - emotionally and physically. I was anticipating 3 months off work and ended up taking 4-1/2. I am really nervous about it but hope it...
  9. SJW

    TKR Shari's RTKR journey

    Update: Well here I am at 12 weeks post op today and most days I am feeling almost like myself again. At 9 weeks I went to see my GP (she has been my doc for 25+ years) as I had been having sobbing meltdowns every day for weeks. She prescribed a nerve pain/antidepressant/antianxiety...
  10. SJW

    TKR Shari's RTKR journey

    Thanks for the advice. I HAVE decided to stop the PT.
  11. SJW

    TKR Shari's RTKR journey

    i had physio on Monday and the band around my knee was worse that day. I took the advice and have just been taking it easy (elevation, ice and no exercise) but here it is Friday and still feels the same. I have been unable to reach my surgeon and can't get into my GP for a month. I have tried...
  12. SJW

    TKR Shari's RTKR journey

    First off I just want to say how helpful this forum has been and I so wish I had found it sooner - just found it 2 weeks ago. I have been so anxious every day about every aspect of this and it has been great to see that I am not alone in my experiences. I am a 59 year old woman with bone on...
Back
Top Bottom