Recent content by sistahbear

  1. sistahbear

    Finally getting to explain about my surgery on Aug 7, 2014

    I am 5 weeks post surgery for TKR, A couple weeks ago I was putting on socks and my damaged knee slipped out forward in front of me as i was sitting on the bed. I felt a pop that was very painful in the back of the knee that was painful for two weeks. I did go and get it xrayed and they had...
  2. sistahbear

    Finally getting to explain about my surgery on Aug 7, 2014

    I had my left total knee replacement on Aug 7, 2014. The surgeon said I will come home with home health care but it didn’t happen like that. The pain was pretty bad and due to my other issues with rheumatoid arthritis and such they recommended me go to rehab for 10 days which we agreed to. There...
  3. sistahbear

    August 7th is getting too close!

    Thursday is my replacement and I am now having to take Klonipin at night to help me calm down about it. I'm worried my blood pressure will be so high that it will cause problems. Funny thing is I am so used to being in tremendous pain with my Rheumatoid Arthritis and everything else that my pain...
  4. sistahbear

    Seems like one thing after another :-( (venting)

    Thank u everyone for your reassurance and letting me vent away. I'm so grateful to have found all of y'all.
  5. sistahbear

    Seems like one thing after another :-( (venting)

    I'm due for LTKR on Aug 7th. My rheumatologist ran some labs because before we decided on knee surgery we were going to start a biologic for my RA. One of the tests was for TB (blood test, not skin) and it came back positive even though I have no symptoms, perfect chest xray, etc but she wants...
  6. sistahbear

    worried about the effect of Fibromyalgia

    @Josephine , yes my rheumatologist will be consulted. I was just curious if anyone else had to deal with this also.
  7. sistahbear

    worried about the effect of Fibromyalgia

    My pain management dr is worried about how I will do with the knee replacement (L) because I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. He says that the extensive tissue damage that happens during LTKR will make it harder to control the pain due to the fibromyalgia. I do not respond well to...
  8. sistahbear

    LTKR in August but very nervous

    @tiredwife , thank you, I was wondering about that.
  9. sistahbear

    LTKR in August but very nervous

    @kneeper , I am on Plaquenil & Prednisone and they said I could stay on them since it doesn't kill the immune system as much as when I was on Methotrexate. Because of my joint damage we were fixing to start a biologic when we decided to do the knee replacements first since I would just have...
  10. sistahbear

    2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    @tiredwife I'm having my left knee total replacement
  11. sistahbear

    LTKR in August but very nervous

    I am 51 yrs old and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis that was diagnosed last fall. A lot of pain and joint damage has happened and I have tried a lot of different options to help my knee pain including Orthovisc injections, steroids, physical therapy, etc. I'm worried about pain control since I'm...
  12. sistahbear

    2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    My knee replacement is scheduled for August 7th.
Back
Top Bottom