Recent content by Silvernail02

  1. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Thanks all, I am so grateful for this forum and all your posts and replies. It really helps to put my mind at ease and realize I am doing ok for me.
  2. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Yes I can walk normal, usually starts out with a slight limp but after movement looks pretty close to normal. I can get the extension a little better when I squeeze my quads moving back nod knee to floor. I have mild swelling only. Just strange that while sitting on floor just relaxing legs...
  3. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Really? Maybe I used negative when it should be positive, lol. I am 6 degrees from 0. I was 3 degrees from 0.
  4. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Hello all, Ok I am 9 weeks out and a little frustrated. My flexion has remained the same over the last 4 weeks 110 but my extension has decreased. It was -3, now it's -6. Should I worry about this regression? I have decreased my home PT exercises trying to do the "bonesmart" way of letting...
  5. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Hi all today is 5 weeks and 3 days! Had my 4th PT session Thursday. I was in a bit of pain going to PT and was limping a bit. My ROM decreased from 110 to 105 and my extension went from 3 to 5. A little setback that I am not concerned with because I was in pain prior to starting PT. So my...
  6. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @InkedMarie , actually it is not work related at all. The state disability already approved me 12 weeks and they are paying me. My work HR has an LOA department. I went on short term disability concurrent with FMLA. The LOA department approved only 7 weeks not the 12 weeks my doctor wrote a...
  7. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Rhodyrhody , that is awesome you only took pain meds for such a short time. I don't like taking them and the fact that at some point in 24 hours I need a pain pill. I am looking forward to not needing them at all!! Unfortunately for me NSAIDS are a bit if a problem. I had gastric sleeve 5...
  8. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Rhodyrhody, how long did you take pain medication before you stopped needing it for pain?
  9. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Jockette ,yes it's really pretty unsettling. SDI approved the medical certificate and has me off till 11/25/18, which is awesome. But my work only approved 6 weeks. Plus 1 more week then wants notes. I was like, ok, I am only requesting "time" from work, no PTO, no additional benefits just time...
  10. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Jockette , thank you. See my response to Celle. I am not worrying about the straight leg raises, but for compliance issues with returning/not returning to work, that worries me. So I continue to follow PT instructions, but I modify most if the home PT stuff so that I have no pain with those...
  11. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Celle , thank you. I am feeling frustrated because I am doing pretty good then I went to PT and he had me put my leg straight and out one hand around my ankle and pushed the knee down to 0 degrees, held it for like 10 seconds. He did it 6 times. It wasn't excruciating but it did hurt. He said...
  12. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    4 weeks and 2 days post op. I had my 3rd PT session. My flexion increased 5 degrees and I am 3 degrees to 0 in extension. I still can't do a straight leg without a little assistance at the lifting part. Therapist wants me to at least one next week when I return. When i try to lift my knee bends...
  13. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Yes, it's my knee. Had my second PT, encouraging. My flexion was 95 degrees last week, today 110 degrees. Extension was 10 degrees to 0, today 7 degrees to 0. I didn't do the one exercise I mentioned that causes pain. But I did do 5 straight leg raises, which were painful. I won't continue...
  14. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Softtail , thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate them. I have my second outpatient PT tomorrow and I am going to break it to my therapist who could be my son, haha, age is not always a factor in experience, he is a nice guy. I am going to tell him I don't want to do anything that pushes me...
  15. Silvernail02

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Jockette, that's awesome cause I hate them!!! Lol
Back
Top Bottom