Recent content by silkies3

  1. silkies3

    TKR Total Left Knee

    I am 4 weeks post-op now The knee incision has healed well. My surgeon doesn’t use staples TG. I still have swelling so constant elevation helps me After my 2 previous TKR. I find having a rented hospital bed at home is great for elevation And better sleep.I also learned that recovering in a...
  2. silkies3

    TKR Total Left Knee

    Thank you. My surgery went very well. I am home recovering after 1 overnight in the hospital. The left knee is much easier than my right knee replacement. I am very happy about that The visiting PT came to my home today to get me started on rehab. All Is well so far except for the pain but...
  3. silkies3

    TKR Total Left Knee

    My surgery is early tomorrow morning so I’m starting this entry today. I had my right knee done in 2016 and 2 more surgeries on it since then. I hope this knee surgery goes well
  4. silkies3

    2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi. Good luck to my fellow members having surgery tomorrow October 25th the same day as my surgery!!! tarajenni (partial), Stefny, mjhandle, JodiA145 silkies 3 Sue
  5. silkies3

    October knee surgery

    My Dr. checked my BP after taking a low dose of meds. Fortunately it went down to 117/75. I'm very happy now. I will continue my no salt and no caffeine diet too. Should be ok on Thursday for surgery. Thanks for well wishes!
  6. silkies3

    October knee surgery

    Hi Thanks for all your information. No. I have a different surgeon doing the surgery. He is younger and seems more knowledgable. He certainly shares more of my medical information with me and answers all my questions. I have been anxious about the surgery and my blood pressure(BP) was very...
  7. silkies3

    Revision TKR

    Hi, I'm new to the October group. I'm happy to join your group. My surgery was just scheduled last Friday for Oct. 25. I'm pretty nervous about the revision of right knee replacement that was done Dec. 2016. I am looking forward to less swelling and no pain after my new replacement heals. Wish...
  8. silkies3

    October knee surgery

    I just got my surgery date today. It is October 25, 2018. This is a revision of my TKR for my right knee which was preformed on 12-29-2016. I'm starting all over again! Hoping to get rid of swelling and bad pain in my knee. My Orthoscopy in January didn't correct my problem.
  9. silkies3

    1 week until surgery on 12-29

    Hi ... My RKR is only 1 week away. All pre-tests are done and I'm ready. Getting nervous but excited to get off my crutches and recovery after surgery.
  10. silkies3

    Going for a new knee

    My surgeon will only do my RKR and will do the left knee in spring 2017 if healed without infection. I had both hips replaced in the late 1990's with good results. Osteoarthritis is my enemy. I hope your knee replacement heals well.
  11. silkies3

    Going for a new knee

    Hi, I'm have right TKR on Dec. 29th. Looking forward to improvement in my life activity. Your support will help me get ready for my surgery. Not sure yet if my surgeon will consent to doing bilateral knee replacement, but I'm open to it.
Back
Top Bottom