Recent content by Sienna

  1. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    I have had a number of the on right knee. The last surgery was Dec 2019. I can't get any range of motion, since I've had 5 surgeries in two years. Nothing is really working to break up internal scar tissue. I am wondering if it would be safe to take serrapeptase to break it up so I can FINASLY...
  2. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    I have had five surgeries on the right knee, been on IV antibiotics 3 times. I have a long surgical and infection history that started 2 years ago. It's on this board. I have been on and off antibiotics to keep infection away. The last time they took me off the antibiotics, it tools 4 days to...
  3. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Sorry I AM on antibiotics
  4. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Do you, or any of the doctors know of other material being used for knee replacement besides steel? I am asking, because every implant I have had has been compromised with infection, the biofilm sticks to it and causes infection, therefore I am not on antibiotics for the life of the prosthetic...
  5. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Will collagen, type 1 and 3 help with pain and tightness on the operated knee? I am five months out, still having alot of stiffness and pain.
  6. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    I am on immunosuppressant antibiotic therapy for a knee replacement that keeps getting infected. ( 5 surgeries) Should I be concerned about this Covid 19, since I don't have any symptoms? ( i.e: no cough, fever and am breathing fine). I am in Michigan, and our state is on lockdown except for...
  7. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Thank you Sara!
  8. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Am I now considered immunocompromised since I am on antibiotics for the life of this prosthetic? Should I be worried and more cautious with this coronavirus going around if I am immunocompromised?
  9. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Hi Beacher! Thanks for writing! Sounds like you have been through the wringer also! I have been Google searching cures for these infections! Good news coming out way! Don't settle on amputating anything yet. At Massachusetts General they are coming up with new material to make implants out of...
  10. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Maybe I am misunderstanding what a spacer is. 1st surgery went okay. Then got infected. 2nd surgery, prosthetic debridement and washout done, on IV antibiotics. 3ed surgery, prosthetic removed, and plastic and cement temp knee put in, on IV antibiotics again to clear infection. 4th surgery new...
  11. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    Shouldn't the pain be lessening after 3 weeks? I am using a walker in the house and when I go out, but I think I should be getting to a point where it would start to feel better. Not taking oxycodone, it does weird stuff to Me.
  12. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    A year and a half of this, and being in constant pain, and being under anesthesia for each surgery, 5 times in a year and a half, can't be good for me. I am really hoping for a CURE for this!!
  13. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    1st surgery- July 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018-stitches removed, surgeon said everything looked ok. Nov 4, 2018- back to work 2nd surgery-Jan 6, 2019- infection found, did washout, debridement, and new antibiotic loaded spacers. Sent home on oral antibiotics, Rifampin, and IV antibiotics for 6 weeks...
  14. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    I have had 4 surgeries on one knee ( right) since July 2018. I don't understand why but it keeps getting infected. Latest surgery was Nov 5, 2019. Was doing great til 6 weeks post op, now all of a sudden can't wals, or put any weight at all on that leg. Thought I may have gotten out of car...
  15. Sienna

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    I thought of that too, but we had a snowstorm here and I will need to do it at home. Just wanted to know what to clean the wound and stitches with before putting on new optifoam, but I think I will call the nurse at my surgeons office to see what she suggests. Thank you. Date of surgery was...
Back
Top Bottom