Recent content by Shoppingdiane03

  1. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Yes, it does take time. It took me about 4 months post-op to put my shoes/socks on w/o the sock assist device. I had my bilateral simultaneous hip replacements on 05/24/24...I am back to work part-time. The major problem i am having is numbness to both thighs from hip to knees...the front, side...
  2. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thank you SOOOooo much! I saw my surgeon for my 12w post-op appointment. He says the issues I am having are all normal...that tissue recovery can take 12-18 months. He says I am doing fine for having bilateral hips replaced. He said to just keep going with physical therapy outpatient exercises...
  3. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thank you! I'm nearly 10w post-op now from bilateral simultaneous hip replacement. I can walk...which I couldn't do pre-op. I had a wheelchair that my husband had to wheel me in if I went anywhere out of the house. I used a walker in the house. I had my 8-week post-op appointment, but with a...
  4. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    I have also been wondering if there's anything else I can do with the 'brick' hard thighs. I think it's edema. I see that edema management is an area coming soon on the website. I still elevate my legs on a wedge pillow nightly...sleep on back..walking, bed exercises. I don't ice anymore. If I...
  5. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thank you! I like the hair dryer idea! I guess I'm impatient because I'm able to walk now...I want everything back. I'm also thinking that I have my 8 week follow- up in 2 weeks...then I'm supposed to be back to work at 12 weeks with no limitations..kinda worried about that...if I'll make that...
  6. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    I am now almost 6 weeks post-op. I do use Tylenol periodically for incision pain. I am able to walk back& forth up to 100x in my hallway. My husband tells me not to overdo it as later in the day, I'm only able to do 10 or 20x. I am trying to remember to split it up over the day. I still do the...
  7. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Yes, I have that feeling in my thighs..the tissue is hard..doesn't feel like flesh..more like bricks. My PT says same thing...its due to swelling. He also recommends massaging my thighs upward towards my heart to help lessen swelling & get the fluid to get to my heart so it can get out of my...
  8. S

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Okay, says images too big...not sure what to do about that.
  9. S

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    I don't see my incision pics...I'll try again. This is 10 days bilateral simultaneous anterior approach.
  10. S

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Here are my scars...10 days post-op bilateral simultaneous hip replacement...anterior approach. There is a clear film over the scars. I was told it is the glue they use to help close the incisions. The films are supposed to dry up and fall off I guess.
  11. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Yay! I finally am able to stand in the shower long enough to wash privates. I sit on 3-in-1 commode chair for the rest of the shower. It feels wonderful to be in shower. I am continuing with all my bed exercises & standing ones. I am walking more. My thighs feel weird..kinda hard..like...
  12. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thank you for all the ideas. I think I will alternate shower days with sponge bath days. I feel safer sitting on the bed for sponge bath vs shower. I don't have any grab bars in the shower. My husband is talking with handyman about possible installation. We can't use the suction grab bars as the...
  13. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Good evening, everyone! I had my dressings taken off yesterday. I was scared to see them. There is a see-through patch remaining over the incisions. I think the incision is longer than what I was expecting. I am trying to figure out how I can post the incision photos in the 'badge' area...
  14. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thank you for the reassuring information! It's all very overwhelming.
  15. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    Yes, I am having some swelling now...I got discharged home yesterday...I spent 2 nights in-patient. My daughter & husband are here. My daughter is an ER nurse...I could not do this without her! I have these electric pains down my thighs. I was told it is tge nerves they moved out of the way to...
Back
Top Bottom