Recent content by shiv01

  1. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    @Jaycey thanks for the advice. Actually I'm pleasantly surprised this time around by the lack of pain & lack of trauma around the wound. I have been training with trainers and physios for 2 years because of chronic weakness in my left thigh caused by repeated ankle issues that meant...
  2. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    My treadmill with a view requires me to take the lift to the top (20th) floor and then climb 30 stairs. I had a go today while I'm still heavily medicated and feeling no pain.
  3. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    @Layla I'm currently annotating my 5-page hospital bill in Chinese with google translate's version of English so that my European insurance will pay out. (Yep, really!) Anyway, I got to the injection & it's definitely opioid - this is is: https://g.co/kgs/f1Zob9 It's new so let's see how...
  4. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    thanks @Mojo333 it all has gone well so far. put my Fitbit on as soon as I got back & it says I've done 300m or 700 steps. excluding the hospital this morning.
  5. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    Before the op, I was given an injection. doc said it was a slow release painkiller. Before leaving hospital today I asked what it was. Apparently something opioid. Well I guess that explains why I am sleeping so much! However, I'm a bit nervous as to how I'll feel when it wears off... so far...
  6. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    I chickened out of going home today so tomorrow it will be. Not sure if it's just the calm in here but I keep dozing off...woke up earlier with drool all down my chin I have been pottering around on crutches today and doing my leg strengthening exercises. The physio came by in the morning and...
  7. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    @CricketHip closest I'm ever likely to get to a zipline. I'd never heard of it before. It looks very cool. Yes, they had to take the drain out last night after I accidentally disconnected it so the on-call doc took a pic while he was redoing the dressing. It looks so neat and tidy. I wish the...
  8. shiv01

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Day 2. Looks incredibly neat. Stuck on the outside with something called Zipline!
  9. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    Thanks, @Jacey. I'll go to the browser then. I don't have these options in the app
  10. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    thanks @Jockette. It's going to be a struggle getting my boss to realise I can't come back to my office job before 8 weeks. he was saying before I left that 6 should be enough. that's going to be a challenge! also, I accidentally pulled out the drain from the wound this evening so they had to...
  11. shiv01

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    I have had the same reaction as you to tramadol so I really don't bother with it unless desperate. not sure what they've been giving me here but I will ask...no pain so far. was just operated yesterday. no sexy compression socks here either - when I'm lying down I have a sort of compression...
  12. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    thanks @Schaargi. Was a bit woozy yesterday not surprisingly. and they're giving me lots of meds so not in any pain. rehab therapist passed by twice today and I'm hobbling about on a walker. hoping for crutches tomorrow as walker is annoying! I I guess an admin should move my post to the post...
  13. shiv01

    THR Left hip, going, going, gone...

    Life has been a bit hectic the past few months. Had my right hip done almost exactly 6 years ago and now it's (past) time for the left. Op is tomorrow in Taipei Medical University Hospital. About to head there shortly to be admitted. In major avoidance mode... don't want to think about it, or...
  14. shiv01

    2021 December Supernovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    @Southernbelle, we seem to have the same timing. I did my first in Nov 2015. hope your recovery goes well!
Back
Top Bottom