Recent content by shelby58

  1. S

    THR Mike's Recovery Thread

    I returned to work at 3 weeks, worked one day and learned I had acute bronchitis and a bladder infection - ended up back in the hospital for 4 days. But, week 4, I again returned to work and worked full-time MOnday, Wednesday and Friday. In week 5, I worked Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 and I'm in...
  2. S

    The Pain is so bad today

    I so relate to your pain. I felt 100+ years old. Going up and down stairs about did me in. I had rthr on September 14. I have been THRILLED. The old pain is gone. Now just the healing pain and I know it will go away. I returned to work at the beginning of week 3 (desk job)...
  3. S

    New hips now new knees?

    Dave, you and I are both from Cedar Rapids. Dr. Nassif did a total right knee replacement for me about 2 years ago. I am scheduled 9/14 for a right thr. In November I plan to have my left knee done. I agree with your worries, but also feel quality of life is very important. My pain has me...
  4. S

    Need to get back to work quickly

    Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, Iowa's FMLA act doesn't require income replacement. It requires employers allow employees to take up to 12 weeks off for a serious illness, but not pay requirement. I do appreciate your efforts to provide me with some information. There is really...
  5. S

    Need to get back to work quickly

    Well, while I appreciate the candor it has left me discouraged and sighing. I was actually anticipating these types of responses since I've been following posts. I just don't know how I'll manage paying bills and being off work so long. I guess I'll have to figure it out as I can't live with...
  6. S

    Need to get back to work quickly

    Thanks for your caring responses. I want to have a successful hip replacement, but also have to pay my bills. I'm in so much pain and have to walk now with a cane. I can't imagine postponing it until I feel better able to afford it. I guess I'll just have to do my best to get back and...
  7. S

    Need to get back to work quickly

    My surgeon hasn't addressed when he'd like me to return, nor have I asked. I don't think my employer will require a return to work. Do you think I will be too exhausted, or in too much pain? When does one start driving again? By the way, I'm 58. Thanks.
  8. S

    Need to get back to work quickly

    I'm posting here as you all are the experienced ones. I'm having a right hip replacement on Sept 14 and want to come back to work week 2. I work at a desk job sitting all day long. What do you think? I have no paid sick leave and lots of motivation.
  9. S

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    I am having my right hip replaced September 14. I am really looking forward to leaving pain behind.. I get nervous that I really won't get rid of the pain. I also need to get back to my desk job very quickly as I don't have paid sick leave and can't afford to be off work very long. Is it...
Back
Top Bottom