Recent content by ShedEnd

  1. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    I guess it is a good thing that my posts here are on a weekly basis rather than a daily basis now! First week back to work, and it was a bit rough, but I was able to manage without too much difficulty. Only went in to the office every other day, and only stayed for around half a day. That...
  2. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    Well, it has been a quiet week or so, and that is a very good thing. I've been a bit more active around the house, but not doing too much in structured PT. This has allowed a good bit of the swelling that was still in the knee to go away, and my flex has gotten a good bit better. Last...
  3. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    @flsungirl I'm also in central Florida - Tampa to be exact. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences, and I hope the surgery recovery goes much more smoothly than the actual procedure did! I have to say, my recovery really hasn't been that bad despite the prior 6 pages of complaining. Yeah, I...
  4. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    No, we didn't get an explanation, and that was one of the main reasons we left. I can understand if something comes up and puts you behind schedule. I've waited over 3 hours for an appointment during one of my prior surgeries, but it was due to several injuries coming in that needed to be seen...
  5. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    I would have loved to tell you how the chat with the OS went, but it didn't happen. Showed up at the office 15 minutes before the appointment's scheduled time. They sent me for x-rays, which took about 20 minutes. We then sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes before they called us back...
  6. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    I know, but it is a good way to steer some cash towards them without just giving it to her. I'm pretty sure it will end up along the lines of her and my 3 year old nephew will come over to the house and chat/play with my wife while I exercise. She won't actually be doing much, but changes it...
  7. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    Had what will be my last official PT session yesterday. I was pretty pleased with the way they were treating me (adjusted what I was doing to push me, but not to cause pain), but I just cannot justify the $40 co-pay on my insurance for what they are having me do. I can do everything they are...
  8. S

    PKR EdiePA’s RPKR Recovery

    I was prescribed meds for the nausea, and those really did help. Something else that helped me a bit was to suck on a peppermint. Wife had these tiny peppermint lozenges that I'd tuck up under my tongue, and this really did seem to help with the queasy feelings I was getting.
  9. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    I really have no need to go into the therapists. All the exercises they have me doing I can do at home without any issue. My wife is really into pilates, and we have a full studio set up here at home. Everything they have me doing at the therapists I can do at home, and I actually have better...
  10. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    Second PT session went well. Told them that I was in a good bit of pain after the first, and they took the time to go through what we did to figure out where the line was. Feel a good bit better after the second one. They are still in the "must get xx degrees" mindset, but I've made it clear...
  11. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    Rash was due to the iron supplements my OS had me taking. Stopped taking those and the rash went away. Had my first outpatient PT session on Wednesday, and I could barely walk yesterday. Going back today, and if they don't really phase back on what they have me do it will also be the last...
  12. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    I don’t think it will show up in a photo, and it is definitely less visible now than it was right after the shower. I’ll check again tomorrow when there is better natural light to see if I can get a snapshot of it.
  13. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    Well, the good news first - the irritation around where they taped my incision is nearly cleaned up, and I’m able to move around with only a bit of the stinging remaining. I think two or three more days and it will be completely recovered and only have fresh, pink skin around the incision. But...
  14. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    If you were referring to the top picture, there was nothing on the skin when that picture was taken. My wife cleaned the skin yesterday with a wound wash to clean the excess adhesive off, but nothing since then. The shiny and glistening was from the liquid leaking out of the blisters. Doctor...
  15. S

    PKR ShedEnd's road to recovery<

    No, I had a tape strip covering the whole incision from the date of surgery. You can roughly see the area that it covered in the darker portions of the irritated areas around the incision (the area slightly wider than the Steri-strips that are in the picture). I really started to feel the...
Back
Top Bottom