Recent content by Sharmichem

  1. S

    TKR 1 year post second op.

    @Josephine yes you're right, I'm still having problems. The problems (CRPS & fixed flexion dysfunction) are due to a lack of early intervention by my original OS resulting in me being medically retired from work. You've answered my question really, one OS opinion is not necessarily a generic...
  2. S

    TKR 1 year post second op.

    I'm not sure how to research this and I wonder if anyone can help me? I had a patella femoral replacement a number of years ago which was misaligned in two places, the wrong size prosthesis inserted which caused the joint to become 'overstuffed'. An independent orthopaedic surgeon has stated...
  3. S

    Advice please!

    Hi Ian, you have many difficult decisions to make. I am amazed the consultant has intimated that you may not be happy with the outcome. There are three issues here, your levels of pain, caring for your wife and your wheelchair dilemma. @jeano is right, your knee will not get better, it will...
  4. S

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi @Ellejay You are entitled to have a bad day, don't feel bad. The weaker leg uses so much energy that some TLC is often required for that. We always seem to forget about the arthritis in the other leg and think that it is capable of doing the work for both knees, it's just a way of reminding...
  5. S

    What is my problem??

    @Tykey You have made me laugh soooooo much I nearly wet myself! I love your post and you are absolutely right..... @Honey'sgirl I know how you feel and so do the many people on here so you are not alone and what you are feeling is natural. The day will go very quickly and you will be in the...
  6. S

    What is my problem??

    @Tykey You have made me laugh soooooo much I nearly wet myself! I love your post and you are absolutely right..... @Honey'girl I know how you feel and so do the many people on here so you are not alone and what you are feeling is natural. The day will go very quickly and you will be in the...
  7. S

    Total Knee Replacement.....tomorrow!

    Welcome @JonnyW. Like you, I only stumbled across this site a matter of days ago. I wished I had found it prior to my initial op in 2011 and revision last year. I don't think anyone feels any different than you do at the moment, full of nerves and apprehension. The worse part, I found, was...
  8. S

    TKR 1 year post second op.

    @scaredinCA I've finally discovered how I respond individually! It's great when you know how :yes!: I just wanted to say thankyou for the advice for the JAS. The website looks incredible with so many success stories. I am at physio tomorrow, another hydrotherapy session, I will talk to them...
  9. S

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Morning Mai5ie. Hope you are feeling good this morning? I forgot to mention to you previously, I too had initial difficulty with a sleepy log leg. I found that my brain was telling it to do something and it wouldn't move. I was using my other foot to hook the operated leg up and off the settee...
  10. S

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Being as dim as I am when it comes to IT, maybe one of our more experienced and senior members could help. :blush:
  11. S

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    What a remarkable woman, a true inspiration! I had a partial knee done in 2011 and had a general. I felt terrible afterwards. The nausea was dreadful and when you feel like throwing up you have an audience! Mind you everyone seems to be in the same position where nausea is concerned. Having had...
  12. S

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Der...... Forgive me, I'm a bit dim! I'm still trying to navigate my way around this great site! I was reading someones thread who was having their clips out! I must have cumberland sausage fingers and pressed on your thread by mistake.......... :blush: I need chocolate, it helps me concentrate!
  13. S

    TKR 2 Month Post Op 1st post

    WOW! You are a true inspiration. Everything you have done has gone swimmingly. Having such a positive attitude and working with and through pain helps to understand your boundaries, what drugs work best for you and whether or not you are doing too much too soon. It looks as though your initial...
  14. S

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    I forgot to say earlier, you'll feel liberated when the clips are out!
  15. S

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    You are doing incredibly well Ellejay. Motivation and positive post op rehabilitation is key to recovery. I've met so many other patients during my three year struggle who can't be bothered in either attending outpatient physio sessions and/or completing their home exercise programme. You have...
Back
Top Bottom