Recent content by Shageya

  1. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    My surgery went so well December 6, 2017, that I really had no post op issues. For the last few days I have felt and have been moving as if I never had surgery. However tonight I felt some twinge in the incision area and when I woke up I felt some pain on the outside of thigh and to the top of...
  2. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    Had my two work appointment with doctor. He has cleared me to drive, bathe and anything else. He’s amazed that I have about 70% flexibility when putting my foot on my thigh (chalk that up to riding). Have slept better since I made myself stay up all day yesterday so the circulation in my leg...
  3. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    I was on hrdrocodone which did not sit well with me. The doctor wanted me to stop that but didn’t prescribe anything else but I am taking Celebrex once a day and I will take aspirin if there is pain. I’m relatively pain free but the bruising has gravitated to around the knee and calf and becomes...
  4. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    Why is it harder to lie in bed and sleep at night than in the day? It feels like my toes are numb at night and I am very restless.
  5. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    Thanks for all your encouragement! Layla asked for my surgery date. It was December 6, 2017, around 4pm. I have been focused on pt mostly because I’m looking forward to getting back on my horse, but I guess you can’t hurry the process.
  6. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    Heeding your advice I have rested in bed all day with occasional walks around the house. My pain has decreased considerably and I’m feeling much better. Will continue to elevate and rest the leg. Thank you!
  7. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    Thank you for your replies. You hit on many points that I needed to hear about. I haven’t been taking pain meds much since the hydrocodone was making me nauseous and cutting my appetite. Doctor said I could cut pill in half but that doesn’t seem to help at night, but I will take the half pill...
  8. S

    THR Extra length added to THR

    I just had THR 10 days ago. Both my legs are the same length but my hips have been uneven. I asked the surgeon if he could even up my hips in the process. He did that by adding ¾” . He told me I would have more pain than is typical during recovery. Has anyone had this experience and how long...
Back
Top Bottom