Hi all... has anyone had any issues with their knee replacements (pain when standing for half an hour or longer, pain when sleeping, etc.). I've had bilat knee replacements three years ago and it seems like it just keeps getting worse and worse. I've even lost some of my ROM. I have an...
Haven't got on this forum in a while and I really missed it. But I have a question. It's been a little over a year since I had my bilateral total knee replacement and I have to be on my feet a lot for my job (sometimes up to 8 hours). I just started noticing that my knees are starting to swell...
Well it's been a while since I've posted anything to my account. Since it has been almost 6 months since my MUA I was wondering if anyone has experienced a few things that have been going on with my knees. For example, sometimes when I'm walking around my thigh muscles will give out on me. This...
Very excited to say I had my OS appt last week and she was happy with my progress. She asked if I was still going to therapy and told her I haven't went to therapy for several months which I think totally surprised her. I also finally got in to see my new Rhuematologist and he wants me to start...
@marieltha
Yes I agree with you about oblivious people and their phones or rowdy children. About two weeks ago I was in the grocery store (that's like the only place I seem to ever go, lol) and a little girl around 5 was dancing around. I waited patiently until the mother noticed and moved her...
@Jockette
Yes, I totally agree about the climate control in store verses outside. I know the other day we had very high winds and if it wasn't for my cane I know I would have fallen. It was crazy and scary!
As for the OS appointment, I really don't want to go back to her but I need my pain...
Hi and welcome. I also had bilateral knee replacements on July 2 and an MUA on Aug 7 which I wish never had happened but then again I was naive and did not know about Bonesmart. Had I known about Bonesmart I really don't think I would have had the MUA. So kudos to you for knowing about Bonesmart...
@marieltha
Yes, they are very funny when it comes to my baking. Every year I make homemade sugar cookies from a recipe passed down from my late mother-in-law and I've finally mastered it to where they taste just like my mother-in-laws which is a huge compliment because she was a wonderful...
@Celle
I actually tried your technique today at the grocery store. We only had to pick a few items up and I used the cart for balance and support. I did notice that when I took too big of a step my leg muscles would feel like they were giving out or contracting in a weird way. So I just backed...
@Jockette
Thanks for sharing that story. I can't even imagine not having anything to grab onto when using the bathroom or not even able to put up your legs and rest them. I bet your legs were screaming. I always feel the way you said you felt about having a slow recovery. But it's so nice to...
@Jockette
When you say 'your concern was that you couldn't bend you knee well' what does that mean? Because my right knee (I believe) is doing really well but my left knee gets really stiff and it doesn't bend as well as my right knee. When did you see improvements in your knee?
And yes I've...
I have a question in regards to the upcoming holidays. I've always been the one in my entire family that cooks for thanksgiving and I really hope I can do it this year as well. Are there any tips to keep my knees happy and to still have a fun holiday? I'll be 16 weeks post OP MUA by...
@Jockette Thanks so much
@TortiTabby Thanks for sharing your ROM up to 26 weeks. I was astonished that your OS said you would have to work throw the pain to get past 85 ROM. What a jerk!! I wish I had found Bonesmart way before I had suffered through pain and misery but I'm so very thankful...
@Celle Thanks for the advice. I hadn't tried it with help until after I read your post but I feel like when I use the assisted device I work one leg more than the other. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. :what:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.