Recent content by seantomtom

  1. S

    TKR 12 months post op

    Hello everyone. As the title says 12 months post op and at last i no longer have knee pain,i can walk for miles without stick, crutch or sympathy.If your just had your replacement enjoy the rest,dont bother doing squats,worrying if you can bend your leg 2 degrees further than yesterday,or...
  2. S

    TKR Thursday was D day

    Hi Again,thanks for the quick replies. q1.Pain levels this morning are around 4-5,but yesterday was 8-9.The site of the burning seemed to be concentrated to one small spot. q2. Yes 2x50mg tramadol ,paracetamol and ibrufen twice a day q3 Yes i have ice on in the evening for about 1-2 hours...
  3. S

    TKR Thursday was D day

    Hi All I had TKR 17 Oct and recovery is going well. I can walk without any aids but the bend is not the best. Tonight I have started to get an intense burning sensation on part of the scar above my knee. Even when I have ice on it is very painful. I am sure it's nothing but as it's something...
  4. S

    TKR Thursday was D day

    Its 00.50 Sunday morning and here I am on the other side. It's strange over here, day time and night time have become the same. Sleep was something I did when it was dark. It's now something I do and the only reason I know I did it is because I suddenly wake up and that could be any time, night...
  5. S

    Thursday is D day

    Thank you everone for your kind words.Good luck Ellen,i will see you on the other side.
  6. S

    Thursday is D day

    Hi All Getting very close now and I am going through mixed emotions, keep thinking if I am doing the right thing even though I know the answer. Cannot believe how frightened I get sometimes. Does anyone know how long it takes on average to return to work? I am an engineer and the factory has a...
  7. S

    meditation

    Hello All I am having a TKR October 17th and have come across a meditation mp3 for body healing. I have never been into this kind of thing, always to busy to stop and take time to relax, but as I will have to slow down this might be helpful. Has anyone else used meditation and found it helped...
  8. S

    TKR October 18

    Having mine done the day before on the 17th,Its funny,i am not looking forward to it but i cannot wait to have it done and start living again.
  9. S

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi I am having my left knee replaced on the 17th october,not looking forward to it.
Back
Top Bottom