Recent content by SDkate

  1. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    I have a nagging area that is really frustrating me. For the most part my knee feels pretty stable and can weightbear pretty well on it. However, there's an area, kind of a strip, along the medial side of my patella, that tweaks, twinges and hurts when I move my leg in certain directions. I...
  2. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Yep, baking is my thing too, have two days off work next week to get it done, plus will have help from granddaughters. I'm probably more organized than I feel like I am, but everything just seems to be a bit harder this year.
  3. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    This business of healing is exhausting!!! Almost 5 weeks post op, still riding the roller coaster. Some days I just want to shout at someone to stop the ride and let me off! Most days go pretty well, am able to sit at my desk and work, taking breaks to get up and move around and stretch my...
  4. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Thank you everyone on this site for your encouragement and support. Making slow but steady progress along my personal trail. I need to most thank my husband for his support, Uber service, and overall assistance. I've been trying not to be too demanding, but when I've asked for assistance...
  5. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    I can finally say that once I was up and moving around this morning, my knee was feeling sooooo much better. I'm finding I can walk more comfortably around the house with my cane, and when I walked into my PT appt. today with a walker and a confident, fluid gait, Aaron (my PT guy) could tell...
  6. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    I'm finding that this process is like childbirth. You have one, then a few years later you tend to forget how painful it was and are ready for another. I MUST keep reminding myself that I'm only 15 days postop. I'm finding that I'm so stiff and sore after PT, and I know I'm overdoing it, but...
  7. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Yes, I felt pretty crappy most of today and tonight, and I'm not sure what made me think that one full week off work and then one week working 4 hours a day would be manageable. I'm realizing that this is still a major surgery and I'm probably still going to spend several days just managing...
  8. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! It was actually a pretty uneventful day, which is what I'm still supposed to be having. I'm on day 5 of Percocet, have enough left to get into part of Monday before I would need a refill, but I really don't want to get a refill. It takes the edge off...
  9. SDkate

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Found my way back to this site, 6 years postop left TKR and today I am 5 days post right TKR (11/9/2021). Plus it is my birthday today, I think I am still a kid at heart because I enjoy celebrating them. I did not find myself researching the preop area before surgery this time; even though it...
  10. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    @Braunzie My wrist is healing very well at this point. Saw my surgeon (hand surgeon in same group as the dr. that did my knee), and he said my wrist is doing really well, "better than most people". Still have to wear the splint for at least another 3 weeks, but it's getting easier. Where...
  11. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    Coming close to a year from left TKR and am doing pretty well. My knee seems to cooperate well most of the time, can walk 2-3 miles without problem. Took a fall last week, was working in Anchorage, husband came along and we were doing some sightseeing on our last day there. Walking down a...
  12. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    Haven't been here in awhile, thought I'd stop by and see what's new, give an update on my progress. My left knee had been doing really well since I started my job on 11/30. The first few weeks were rough since the job requires a lot of walking and a lot of standing - knees and feet were pretty...
  13. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    Thanks for all the support! I think the presentation/interview went well. Now that it's over, and my company is gone, I'm looking forward to enjoying a relaxing weekend, try to get over this cold, and see what new adventure next week brings.
  14. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    You'd think having been home for 4 weeks that I'd be posting away on here, but guess I've been keeping busy. On the job front, was contacted by a former coworker who now works for one of the companies that sells the products on which I used to train. Had one of the attorneys my daughter works...
  15. SDkate

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    We had an enjoyable weekend visiting Jim's son, his wife and baby Hendrix. He's a sweet baby, just starting to smile, had him up on my shoulder, he looked into my face and gave me a beautiful smile. Then a few minutes later he spit up all over me. Good thing babies are cute and sweet. We had...
Back
Top Bottom