Recent content by scs

  1. S

    TKR SCS’s post-op

    Day 10. Able to go for a little longer walks. I hope to go home in a couple of days. Still a little OT stuff I want to work on. I find the longer I lay with my knee/leg elevated, the tighter my calf and hamstring gets. I walk some when I get up which helps, but not enough. Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. S

    TKR SCS’s post-op

    Eight days post op today. Swollen and uncomfortable as expected. Trying to elevate as much as possible. Getting in some short walks. Feeling kind of stressed, although it doesn’t really hurt that much today. Seems like it gets more uncomfortable each day. Hope that changes soon.
  3. S

    TKR SCS’s post-op

    The brace is for sleeping for the first week or so so the knee isn’t bent the whole night. I can’t ice when the brace is on.
  4. S

    TKR SCS’s post-op

    Ankle a little swollen this evening. I was out of bed a little more today sitting in the chair and doing a little walking. I suppose that might have done it. I m 6 days out. Should I still need the brace at night? They wanted me to elevate but couldn’t really wear the brace for that.
  5. S

    TKR SCS’s post-op

    My left TKR was Monday so I am on day six. I’m at inpatient rehab. I live alone and was very concerned about safety. Fortunately, my OS and insurance company agreed. I think I’ll be here a week or a little more. So far, all the PT and OT has been tiring but not painful. I’ve learned some helpful...
  6. S

    2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    So glad I found this site. My surgery is Oct 15. This is my first joint replacement.
Back
Top Bottom