Recent content by Scouseman

  1. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Hi everyone, Despite the best efforts of my Occupational Therapist, there has been no improvement in the symptoms and appearance of my right index finger! The finger is now significantly deformed to the extent that it has basically turned inwards towards my other fingers to a 45 degree angle...
  2. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb PIP replacement, DIP fusion and spur removal. Any advice?

    Had a consult with my surgeon today to establish why my finger is not settling down 9 months post surgery! Glad I went as he could see for himself how swollen the finger was, with the added complication of my end finger joint 'dropping'! He gave the finger a good examination and explained...
  3. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Had a consult with my surgeon today to establish why my finger is not settling down 9 months post surgery! Glad I went as he could see for himself how swollen the finger was, with the added complication of my end finger joint 'dropping'! He gave the finger a good examination and explained...
  4. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Hi everyone! 9 months post my PIP replacement of right Index finger. Unfortunately, recovery continues to be problematic! Significant swelling Constant pain that very often becomes chronic Restricted range of movement Loss of fine motor control Occasional clicking of joint (I can live with...
  5. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb PIP replacement, DIP fusion and spur removal. Any advice?

    Hi, I have had similar surgery. PIP replacement of right index finger. Fusion with a screw of DIP joint of right little finger and also Carpal Tunnel release of right hand and tendenotomy of a hyper extending right little finger. The DIP joint fusion and Carpal Tunnel release surgery took...
  6. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Maybe it is still early days, but the swelling showing no signs of reducing!
  7. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    I also stand corrected, as it is only 16 days post surgery, and not three weeks as stated in my initial post!
  8. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Thank you Jaycey! Just commenced icing of the hand today. Hopefully this will help! It is always nice to receive reassuring advice from your good self! Thanks for taking the time to respond so quickly! Much appreciated, as always!
  9. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Hi to everyone on this forum! Update on my PIP finger joint replacement of right forefinger. The surgery took place on Thursday 28/09/23 and by all accounts went well as far as the surgeon was concerned. Day Case. General anaesthetic and an FDS Tendotomy was also performed on the right little...
  10. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Hi Jaycey, Date of my Distal Joint Fusion was 17/08/2022. Of course, I will keep the forum updated with my progress! Best wishes
  11. Scouseman

    Finger/Thumb Now the hands

    Good afternoon everyone! My TKR journey is well documented on this forum! Now onto my hands! I had a distal joint fusion of my right little finger in August 2022, due to a significant deformity as a result of an industrial accident back in the mid 1980's. I have severe osteoarthritis in...
  12. Scouseman

    TKR Patella Clunk

    @Jaycey Many thanks! I have just had a look at Prof Kay's website and am very impressed! I will certainly pursue this particular option! Thanks for making me aware!
  13. Scouseman

    TKR Patella Clunk

    @Jaycey Good morning Jaycey! Many thanks for taking the time to undertake this research on my behalf. It is very much appreciated! I am aware of Wrightington Hospital and its excellent reputation for Orthopaedics! Not too far away from me either! Ironically, my knee surgeon is also a...
  14. Scouseman

    TKR Patella Clunk

    @Jaycey Thank you so much Jaycey!
  15. Scouseman

    TKR Patella Clunk

    @Jaycey Of course! His name is John Davidson (UK based) and he is a surgeon specialising in knee and hip surgery, with a very good reputation. His option of a second opinion extends to his colleague at the same hospital! I am close to resigning myself to the fact that I may just have to grin...
Back
Top Bottom