Recent content by scouse

  1. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Right now I'm just going to stay with what I feel works. I don't plan on being on meds forever, then I don't have an addictive personality. Good PT session today, the torturer er therapist tells me I'm way ahead of the game. 122 degree bend. Good straight leg. Some fake squats off a bench...
  2. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Trauma! I was going for drama. :) Really I was in panic mode and looking for answers. Found your site to be a calming influence. I agree, not a good title. Hmm.. How about. "New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?" Just had to take a trip around the block. A pre. PT workout.
  3. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Tylenol many times and they just don't have any effect. Yesterday I was talked into! Trying them again with someone pointing out the horrors of the alternatives. Yesterday afternoon was the worst day of pain since the Op...! I couldn't sit. Couldn't stand...
  4. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Thanks! Just letting my stylus wander through some of the posts has been quite enlightening. One thought I had was, if I read this first would I have had the courage to have gone through it? Some people have had a torrid time. Anyway, it's done and I intend to make the most of it. Long winter...
  5. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    12 days out now. 9 days from my inadvertent one legged squat. Once the pain and panic subsided I got myself back on track. Day 7 I got rid of that pile of aluminum scaffolding they call a walker. Then a couple of days later the walking stick. I never had enough hands when I needed to do...
  6. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Do it yourself. MUA! So I'm not the first huh...??? :)
  7. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    OK. Let me start again now that my pain and panic meter has come down again. You're correct. It didn't/couldnt happen the way I said. Rebuilding in my mind, this is the sequence. As I was trying to get the sock off my right foot. The foot slipped down off the right side of the footstool, to...
  8. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    I'll keep you guys up to date. Thanks.
  9. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Thanks for the kind words. To me it really felt like the metal rod going into the tibia had come out. Then when I stopped pushing down to get the sock over my heel the rod caught the edge of the hole in the tibia as it pulled back in. The outside of the joint (right knee) is now really tender...
  10. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    I guess I meant TKR. Surgery was Sept 5th. As stated this is day 5. I'll contact the surgeon tomorrow, Monday. Thank you.
  11. S

    TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

    Day 4 After TKR and feeling really good. I was attempting to remove my surgery sock and I fear I pushed the bone off the lower metal peg. It came back again after considerable pain and effort. Day 5 now and it feels like it's back in place but it is tender and wants to "glitch" up when I try to...
Back
Top Bottom