Recent content by ScottieW

  1. ScottieW

    PKR One Year Out - Pleased With Outcome

    I travelled first at 6 weeks, then 7 weeks, now at 15 weeks, first, get a aisle seat! if stuck in the row you can not stand. I find the whole travel experience the worst, crouds, people walking in a hurry behind me, quite frustrating. Maybe order a wheelchair to & from the gate?
  2. ScottieW

    PKR One Year Out - Pleased With Outcome

    for me, its week 15 since PKR medial, 4 weeks ago I quit PT, have 135 ROM, they were killing me… now I walk daily, stationary bike 3x a week, stretch and light PT 4x a week, no squats, weight bearing… I am at 8-9,000 steps daily, but walking is still a challenge, stiffness, numb leg, but trudge...
  3. ScottieW

    PKR One Year Out - Pleased With Outcome

    I had a PKR 12/12/22, i started going up & down stairs at 8 weeks, now at 15 weeks I can usexstairs w/o pain, but daily stiffness & inability to walk normal is still a struggle, as you may know, some days much worse then others. I gave up an agressive PT schedule at week 11, now walk, bike...
  4. ScottieW

    PKR Partial Knee Medial Left 12/12/22

    Fully agree, today will be my last PT session at their office, will take it from here on my own, spread over the week, mainly stationary bike, as for normal life, I am still active in working requiring a high level of travel, no way to relax a year, but I think all the work for 10 weeks to...
  5. ScottieW

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    That routine is too much! I had the same issue, all those squats and presses were killing my knee from recovery, at week 11 I took over, rest between workouts, no more squats except from a chair, spread out over the week, stationary bike 30” 5 days a week, and medium walks (2,000 steps). TRX to...
  6. ScottieW

    TKR 8 months out and still swelling

    it looks like stretching and simple strengthening without impact is critical, thats much better then a diagnosis of issues w the prosthetic. ice, elevate, ice elevate!
  7. ScottieW

    PKR Partial Knee Medial Left 12/12/22

    10 weeks and 5 days since partial knee on medial side. Worked hard starting at week 2 on PT at home & at PT office. ROM at week 2 was 82, now 133. Daily steps up to 8-9,000 a day. Issue is start up pain, first steps after sitting is terrible, Dr said can last months. There is random bad...
  8. ScottieW

    PKR Partial Knee Medial Left 12/12/22

    I had a left medial uni surgery on 12/12/22, today hit 9 weeks. First 4 weeks were difficult, could not sleep more then 3 hours at a time, was doing daily very mild PT, heal drag, bend on chair, 2-3 hours a day ice, leg lifts. ROM at week 4 was 85, ROM at week 7 hit 128. Walking 6,000 steps a...
Back
Top Bottom