Recent content by scareDcat

  1. scareDcat

    Bilateral TKR Questions and Help Appreciated

    Thank you for separating last year's hip thread from this year's knee thread @Josephine. Much appreciated.
  2. scareDcat

    Bilateral TKR Questions and Help Appreciated

    My BTKR was Jan. 31, 2014. Yes. I take stairs slowly! Plus @Josephine is there any way to reorder my content so that my BTKR question is on top? People reading my thread see my hip replacement info first that was from over a year ago. How will they be able to find my most recent questions...
  3. scareDcat

    Bilateral TKR Questions and Help Appreciated

    Thank you @Ellejay and @DogLoverx3 !! I appreciate your speedy replies. You have helped me feel like a "normal" recovery person. I am all about elevating and icing!! (And resting....by default!!!) Thanks so much. I feel like this site has been a Godsend; I hope to hear continued input.
  4. scareDcat

    Bilateral TKR Questions and Help Appreciated

    Thank you for this. I have been "all over" bone smart and gratefully read the Reading Lists. I abide by The Rules. I very much appreciate your input. You have give me hope!
  5. scareDcat

    Bilateral TKR Questions and Help Appreciated

    Dear Friends, I have just begun week five of my BTKR. I knew I was in for a long journey and a lot of work and that was all fine with me. Unfortunately in the hospital my GItract had adverse reactions to the anesthesia and, already having IBS AND a huge hiatal hernia, it just shut down for a...
  6. scareDcat

    2014 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hello! I have returned to this wonderful website after having total hip replacement in February of 2013. Up next: BTKR on FRIDAY (!!!) January 31. (Lord have Mercy!) I know I can do this!! I am grateful for all of the high caliber information I found during my last visit. (I am still scared out...
  7. scareDcat

    THR hip done!

    Frustration by Occupational Therapy Little did I know the "rules" when I went to the rehab facility! And I had to find out the hard way. Which is an unnecessary learning process during rehab from THR. Please bear with me while I tell my story...perhaps there is an "expert" out there who can...
  8. scareDcat

    THR hip done!

    Thank you for the warm welcome(s)! My husband and I have one busy college age daughter who spends most of her time this year in another state. Sooooooo, nope,I am in a rehab facility very close to our home. I have not experienced any in home health care, and this building itself is centuries...
  9. scareDcat

    THR hip done!

    It is just too bad "moving" can't be this easy in other parts of life....like when you move from one house to another. I don't know about you but moving like that was always a pain in the....you know it just hurt on many and varied levels. However I was given a nerve block that stayed with me...
  10. scareDcat

    Surgery!! Yikes!! I'm Petrified!! :(

    Doctor's Office update... I phoned the doctor's office to ask a question (don't even remember it now!). His nurse said, "You have necrosis!!!" I said, "Excuse me...I have what?" She repeated it. I asked her what that meant in in very professional and calm nurse voice she explained to me how no...
  11. scareDcat

    Surgery!! Yikes!! I'm Petrified!! :(

    How sweet and supportive of you Clifford...the other side will be here in the blink of an eye. ;)
  12. scareDcat

    THR Surgery went well

    Congratulations, mjmrphy55!! You are a role model for those of us coming up next! :)
  13. scareDcat

    Surgery!! Yikes!! I'm Petrified!! :(

    Well, sometimes I just burst into tears and I think "WHO is this person?"..and I realize...this person is ME!! So my talk continues.... Crying AGAIN, are you??? Yep, crying again. WHY??? Scared. You have these nice sounding people all over this board telling you that's unnecessary. Plus, you...
  14. scareDcat

    Surgery!! Yikes!! I'm Petrified!! :(

    Bottomshollo, I have read all of the articles you suggested: Thank you. Your guidance is appreciated. I always feel better on an issue of the unknown if I can "study." Josephine...I live in the US: in PA... and I will have PT, Yes. I certainly will keep posting here. I found this site quite...
Back
Top Bottom