Recent content by Scared

  1. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thank you Josephine. I'm not sure I can get a copy of my xrays but I can send a photo of my toes. I'll send that over a little later. It is a relief knowing that my toes aren't related to my hip!
  2. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thank you Jaycey!
  3. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Pewaukee - it sounds like you've been through a lot as well. I see my surgeon next week and I think I will push seeing a vascular specialist. I am very concerned that my body is rejecting my new hip. I know this is very uncommon but when you don't get answers I tend to think the worse. By...
  4. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thank you everyone for all the support. We made it through the holidays with the help of our kids and my sister-in-law - who is a saint. About mid-January I felt like something was off. I was still doing PT but my knee was hurting and starting to swell, it would also lock up some when...
  5. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    So it's been 2 months since my surgery. It's been quite the journey. I'm walking without a cane now. I still have a limp unless I slow down and concentrate on trying not to limp. I'm now experiencing swelling in my knee and throbbing in my hip. I wonder if I'm doing to much. My husband had TKR...
  6. S

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Sorry to hear about your brother Granny District. Remembering you and your family in my prayers.
  7. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    PT yesterday went very good. Nothing aggressive, just some light stretching to try to wake up the muscles. Tired today but not much pain.
  8. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    My husband went back to work yesterday. I'm feeling a little stronger and I'm starting to get bored. Jaycey, Miss Muffet, and Josephine, icing and elevating has really helped. The swelling is gradually going down. PDH63 I think I am finding out that you are correct about recovery being...
  9. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Feeling a little better today. I still have a lot of swelling. Hopefully that will start going down soon. Rhulsbrink,it looks like I'm just one day ahead of you in this journey. It seems to be getting better each day for me now too. Fuzzie, I'm glad you're feeling better.
  10. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thanks Josephine, I've been reading the THR articles and they have been very helpful. Today has been much better. I've been trying to not overdo.
  11. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thank you Happy Nanny. The reassurance is very helpful.
  12. S

    THR 2 days to go!!!!

    Good luck tomorrow!
  13. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Thank you Zelda.
  14. S

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Had surgery on Wed, Oct 12, and came home on Saturday. Woke up yesterday feeling kind of blah. Saw the surgeon and he said everything looked good. Today I'm very uncomfortable. Feel like I've taken a few steps back in my recovery. Is this common?
  15. S

    2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I've been second guessing I think because of the timing. Too many things going on at work, my husband has decided he's ready for his knee replacement (how am I to take care of him), and I'm trying to convince myself my hip isn't that bad. Mainly I'm scared.
Back
Top Bottom