Recent content by sbovard

  1. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Had my last pt today. Im at 90 rom. Still choosing not to manipulate. Will begin in pool next week to begin my own gentler stretching. Leg is stronger but still limping. Im at 10 weeks post op.
  2. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Thanks everyone. I am 9 weeks and around 85 to 90 rom. Still very stiff. Thanks for the encouragement.
  3. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    I met with a new pt that does this method but she said it was for muscular tightness not for bad range of motion. She also told me I neededmanipulation. My rom today dropped to 75. I am thinking of doing water therapy. I really do not want manip since I grow scar tissue and adhesions very...
  4. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Has anyone used the graston technique before?
  5. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    You are so right about that feeling of uncertainty. I'm just glad I have a God that can direct my footsteps. Thanks again for all your help. It is very appreciated.
  6. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Question, if I choose to not have manipulation, and I am rom at 80 or 85 right now at 7 weeks, can I ever reach 100 or more rom down the road? If I keep icing, stretching, etc. will my rom increase slowly as I heal or will I encounter adhesions that are stopping me now also keep me from getting...
  7. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Thanks Mary for your response. I will be showing all this soon to my husband.
  8. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Mary, I see you had a manipulation. Was it worth the pain you had to go through?
  9. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    It brings tears to my eyes to read your response. I know my husband is very confused too. I will let him read your responses. Thank you for understanding my dilemma.
  10. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Yes, I am icing and stretching. I feel torn between what I am hearing from the pt and what I read. It is confusing. What you say and your articles say sounds good. I am feeling pressured by the pt. I am assuming it is scar tissue but who am I to know the difference. I will continue to ice and...
  11. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Just got back from pt. knee still 80 rom at 7 weeks. Pt says I have 2 choices. Either manipulate thru doctor or have hip and back problems the rest of my life unless I can manipulate myself. I am scared. I don't want to manipulate but I don't see my knee getting anymore rom with the way my scar...
  12. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Just got back from PT. He still wants me to have a manipulation. He said time was running out. He is doing a procedure on me next week where he inserts needles in my leg to get the muscles to let go and stop protecting so much and also something to do with nerves. Anyone hear of this procedure...
  13. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    Thank you for all the responses. Yes, this whole journey will teach me patience. I just want to walk without my leg turning into a stiff log. I've been icing a whole lot more. Started back working part time at curves but decided I will take a leave of absence until knee gets better. I get too...
  14. S

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    . I am close to 7 weeks post op on right knee. Rom is around 80. Right now I am choosing not to go manipulation route. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries and one was a manipulation because my body loves to build up scar tissue. I am currently seeing a massage therapist who is working very hard on...
  15. S

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    I so can relate with the depression but feel like I've gotten past it. I'm at 6 weeks. My rom is 85 so not good but ill take it right now. My doc wants to manipulate but told him not interested. Nights are on and off. Just got back from first day back at part time work. My knee feels like a dead...
Back
Top Bottom