Recent content by Sashka567

  1. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, How is everyone doing? Hope you've all been well and staying safe with everything going on in the world. I just wanted to check in and say hello, i've been feeling really good for a while now although I seem to be getting a bit anxious coming into my 9 month anniversary. I feel like...
  2. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, Thank you for all the replies! You're all so right, at this 7 month mark i'm starting to forget I ever had it done and limping and things are like that appear to be more habitual then structural. I'll keep practicing my heel to toe and slowly build my strength back up. This virus and...
  3. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, Thought I'd check in during this global crisis. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe - this too shall pass I wanted to give an update on my progress at just short of 7 months. I think I am doing a lot better, I am definitely less sore in between walks and exercise and am...
  4. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey guys! Sorry, for some reason I haven't received any notification anyone had replied! I'm happy to report I have had a good last few days and am feeling a lot better again (touch wood). I think I fall into those moments of crisis mentally but the pain has settled down and now I'm feeling good...
  5. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Thanks Layla, I'm feeling super low at the moment. I saw my physio and he said it'll all be ok, ive just overdone it. It's really bad at the moment though, just have this acute gluteal pain and from sitting to standing it really hurts until I take a few steps. I'm confident it'll settle down...
  6. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all! Thanks for following up, I was going to check in for my 4 month anniversary ☺️ To summarise, I've been feeling really good overall. I'm limping a lot less, my gait is a lot better and I have been seeing increases in mobility and overall getting stronger. My physio has been really...
  7. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Thanks guys.. you're right re patience. I'm happy I'll be seeing a physio but am pretty down about how I feel at the moment.. just having negative thoughts about how it'll never settle down and I'll struggle forever. Argh, classic negative unrealistic thinking but this setback has me feeling...
  8. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Thanks so much for your reply Layla, as always it's a huge help. I actually have mistaken the surgery date, so as of tomorrow I'll be 11 weeks, it'll be 12 on 7 December. Last Sunday I decided to just try some upper body weights so went to the gym and did that as well as some glute exercises...
  9. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    *** 10 week update*** Hey all, I kind of wanted to lay low until the 3 month mark but I thought i'd touch base and give a bit of an update on how I'm going and where I'm at! I didn't have a chance to work part time and ease into things so was forced to go back to full time work (albeit an...
  10. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, Just a question relating to weight loss/gain after surgery. I initially lost a bit of weight but now i feel like it's creeping back up again and I can't exercise or walk long distances so early in my recovery (8 weeks now). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lose weight...
  11. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, Thanks so much for the replies, it's been challenging physically, mentally and emotionally coming back and going straight to work. I wish I could have taken more time off but I've told my boss I'll be working from home tomorrow and potentially Friday which is a huge relief. My boss...
  12. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    *****Week 7 Update***** Hey all, So I flew back to Australia (21 hour flight) last week and found I did pretty well for the first leg of the journey, the remaining 14.5 hours caused some pain and discomfort when I got off but I have never felt as good as I did coming off a flight, my hips...
  13. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey guys, Yes, I felt much better after discussing it with my doctors. I've been walking around a lot more with the crutch and walking longer stretches without it, I feel like I need to slow down again because I'm getting sore by the evening. The groin pain seems to be settling but I find if...
  14. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey all, Thank you for the replies and words of encouragement, it's been so wonderful. Well today is officially 6 weeks post op and thankfully I've been feeling better these last couple of days. After I saw my OS I went for a check up with my physiatrist and she also reassured me I'm doing...
  15. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Also, does anyone get emotional when they're with their OS? I just feel like he genuinely cares and wants me to be great and no longer suffer. I'm still just 27 and have been dealing with this hip drama since I was 15, I really feel the genuine care from his end, just makes me teary.
Back
Top Bottom