Recent content by SAPPER-RET

  1. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Hello everyone, it has been 9 months and my L-THR is still going well. I can do most activities without any issues, but I must pace myself when it comes to moving/walking for long periods of time, still have some weakness and numbness to deal with. One thing that has work for me is that at least...
  2. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Hello Layla, I have gotten so busy with my new hip that time has flown by. Well, it will be 6 months 20 Dec, and I am completely off the cane and for months have been swimming laps, biking, and weightlifting. I still have stiffness and some soreness on a daily basics but no serious pain. I...
  3. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    12 Weeks WHOA, to everyone on the forum I want to say thank you for giving advice and for the encouragement. As of today, I am walking a lot without the cane using my cane only when my OP leg gets tired. I am swimming laps/treading and power walking in the pool, lifting weights upper and lower...
  4. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    I had problems scheduling my Physical Therapy, it was too far to drive and would require me to drive 40 minutes each way two times a week, so I made my own plan for strengthen and stretching. Full body work out using nautilus machine and swim walking for 40 minutes three times a week, and two...
  5. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    My doctors visit went well, he had me walk up and down the hallway without the cane, I was totally worried about nothing, leg is getting stronger, but he notice I was short stepping and leaning, need to gain some strength and Strech more, he now wants me to start walking in the house without the...
  6. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    So far so good, had a good look over by the medical staff no longer under Home Health care, start Outpatient Therapy and Condition on Monday. I have been walking more and not doing all the prescribe exercises, so I am ready for some conditioning, I am mainly walking with the cane for most of the...
  7. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 4 Day 5, Doing more activities outside with the cane only, (my motivator)> I had to keep up with watering my plants/grass, it keeps me moving and has help with my swelling foot. The Home Health Care Team will be ending next week, and I need to decide if I desire more therapy by going to...
  8. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 3 Day 5, Seen the Dr. and had stitches removed and Xray's taken, so far everything is good. I was directed to relax on the PT for two days due to my OP leg and ankle still has some swelling and I needed to ice more and elevate to bring it down. In my OP leg I have notice muscle spasm and...
  9. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 3 Day 1, My walking has improved tremendously but my OP leg is still very weak, I tried walking with the cane around the house just to see how it felt and my balance was way off, will keep the walker until my first appt 7 July. I have notice I can now get up from my couch and chairs without...
  10. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 2 Day 3 @Lnkedmaria, I have brought some assorted nuts and spinach to help increase the magnesium, Thanks for the advice. On the squats I am only doing baby squats which means lowering no further than two, three inches, it has help me to lower and raise myself from the sitting position. I...
  11. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 2 Day 2, For the first time I feel like my OP leg is longer than the non-OP leg. The PT adjusted my walker and wanted me to walk more up right, I can now feel the difference. Still sleeping in intervals but at least I'm getting some sleep just not like before the surgery, going to try...
  12. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 1 Day 6, I still have some swollen and minor pain on my hip, I have been elevating and icing like frosty the snow man, took a couple of walks and just realize I am coming up on my 1-week anniversary, WHOA! For the most part the biggest issue I am having is getting a constant sleep pattern...
  13. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    keep up the icing and elevating, I have read on this forum it also good idea to put a plastic bag under your butt before sitting and this will help with you turning your body onto the bed, I tried it and it works also. The PT personnel told me that the more I walk within my tolerance the better...
  14. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Week 1 Day 5 @Doglover7 , I am using my recliner for most of my sleep and rest time, I had plan this PREOP, but I have use a long belt to get my leg on the bed then position my pillow as close to my OP leg as possible then use my non OP leg to push it under my leg. (Difficult at times). The PT...
  15. S

    THR SAPPER-RET Recovery Thread

    Its 1400 and I feel very stiff and achy, The Home Care people came by and check all my vitals and all good have PT at 1530 for the first time, will do what I can but want let them push me to far want go backwards. (I want be the ODIC)! I tried to get comfortable in the bed but it did not work...
Back
Top Bottom