considering a revision after 3 years of pain. Following your posts. I had to seek out a second opinion and a surgeon who did nuclear bone scan to find loose cement issues, he then referred me to a knee surgeon who does revisions. I am still not committed to a revision but if I want to ride a...
My TKR leg does not hurt when standing. When I start to move or walk the knee inner side goes into a horrible burn. The surgeon said this is called release pain. He did not explain any further as he was called away and I had to hurry on to Xray's and blood test. I will see him next week but I...
finally able to see another surgeon. He had XRAYS taken.!! something I had asked my original surgeon to do as I just felt something was off. Anyway, this new surgeon could see right away the problem is the cement has not adhered correctly to the knee. It's a known problem with DePuy Attune knee...
Thank You for your offer of help. I will keep in touch with you. Being in Montana, travel distance is not a problem as everything is far apart. And travel out of state for services is also not unusual.
thank you for input. I did receive a call from referral Dr. Office late this afternoon. They said they are waiting for imaging and clinical notes from my surgeon. Then they will make a review of my case and decide if they will see me. If not my HCP has another surgeon she would refer to...
I am 17 months out. My surgeon told me last week I have soft tissue problems and there's not much more he can do for me. I have had problems from the start and the swelling is back and ROM is down from 119 to 103. PT to the max, ice ect.
Here is my question - what Dr. or specialist should I...
Anyone experience hip and or lower back pain after TKR? If so what was recommended course of action? I am 13 months out. difficult recovery and manipulation 3 months ago. ROM @ 105 . Hip and lower back pains are getting more intense daily. Thought I would see what others have done before I...
9 months out now. ROM 90 can get a bit more but very painful. Continued swelling. Can not ride a bike or walk very well. Surgeon put a brace on leg for walking and yard work. I still Ice, do home PT and work on that bend. 9 months - am I being impatient or should I be looking for 2nd opinion? I...
9 months out from TKR limited movement 90ROM. still swelling despite ice packs and now a brace for walking. Pain in bending and very stiff knee. can't ride a bike yet. How long should this take. PT is over and doing my home PT. after this time should i consult with surgeon again or 2nd opinion?
Going into my 4th month of continuing pain. I question why I ever had knee replacement. But I can't change it so live with it. I can't bend knee well. limp, Hip hurts, back is a mess and so tired. the pain at night is wearing me out. I never thought I could be this depressed about anything. How...
Surgeon said the lateral hamstring tendon is problem behind the knee. Also said debridement is my option. Im not so sure about that. Can't have surgery until after I have intestinal surgery in late dec. So that's it. continue gabapentin and PT to stretch strength and massage.
PT went well. nothing to inflame the back of the knee. did some strength and stretching. Lump on back of knee is bigger. PT suggested dry needling. See surgeon tomorrow see if he approves of that.
Any one ever have dry needling?
I feel the same about resting it. PT on Tuesday and I really don't want to go. Have surgery to repair the intestine in mid Dec. I almost died getting my knee replaced and my patience is running out on the whole process. Thank You for your input. I also think a second opinion might be in order.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.