Recent content by sandyb

  1. S

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    July 27, 2017. I had LTKR September 11, 2012 and really was glad I found the BoneSmart forum before my surgery, so I'm looking forward to it being helpful with my right total hip replacement.
  2. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    Saw my surgeon today and the X-rays they took looked fantastic. He said everything is lined up right, nothing is getting at all loose and there's no fluid on my knee. It appears to be an inflammation of the IT band and I will have some PT and use a compound cream on it. Yay!
  3. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    Well, this week my knee has gotten significantly better and I'm thinking I should cancel my appointment for next Monday.
  4. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    That doesn't sound good. What is it?
  5. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    I sure will.
  6. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    I hope it's nothing serious. Dr David Paul is my surgeon - North Kansas City Hospital. I'm on their cancellation list so maybe I'll get in sooner. Thanks for the comments.
  7. S

    TKR Pain months after TKR

    I had a TKR (left knee) in September 2012, so 17 months ago. I had a great recovery, exceeding drs expectations and went on to live my life. About 5-6 weeks ago I started having pain in that knee that is progressively getting worse. Walking hurts, getting down to a chair and back up hurts, but...
  8. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    Thanks! I kind of thought that might be the case.
  9. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    Three weeks post-op now and doing great! I am going to PT at the hospital now, 3 days a week. My knee now bends to 125 degrees, which is where my OS wants it to be, so that's good. Really my only issue now is lower back pain, which my therapist said is pretty common. Anybody else had that? And...
  10. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    I am taking Oxycodone-APAP 5mg/325mg two tablets every four hours. My PT is here 5 days a week and then I do her exercises one other time during the day. She isn't having me do any of the exercises any extra times anymore. My CPM is set at 120 and I use it 3 times a day for 2 hours each time. I...
  11. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    That bad pain, stiffness and throbbing I had has now gone away and I just have the pain I had previously. Yay! My OS said to wear thigh high Teds, as the knee high ones can be too tight at your operated knee area. I've tried different sizes, nothing seems to fit quite right and I think I might...
  12. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    I am taking percaset - 2 tablets every hours during the day and one tablet at night.
  13. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    I don't have expectations and I'm very grateful I up and walking. I just hadn't had this pain and stiffness and throbbing when I first stand and when it came on suddenly it surprised and concerned me. My PT switched me to the cane earlier this week - I had no idea it was even an option. I use my...
  14. S

    TKR More pain when I stand after being off my knee for a while

    I am nine days post-op and am doing all. I have graduated from walker to a cane. At about day 5 or 6 whenever I stand up after I've been off my knee for a while, I get a lot of pain in my knee. It feels full, stiff, quite painful. It hadn't done this before and I wondered if anyone lse has had...
Back
Top Bottom