Recent content by Sammy-Am

  1. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi All, It’s been quite a while since I last popped on! I’ve still been struggling quite a bit with depression and the exhaustion that goes with it, but I’m hoping that the veil will slowly begin to lift. Since I was last here, I followed up with my orthopedic surgeon and I also traveled an...
  2. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi All, Happy Friday! Just popping on with a quick update. The work week was long, but overall I didn’t have too much pain in my abdomen or pubic area. Hip flexor pain has been a little touch and go this week, kind of concerning, but overall, I’m able to sit so much more easily at work than I...
  3. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi Layla, Thanks for the suggestion. I have researched HSS, but a lot of their physicians are out of network with my insurance. I’ll continue to research and update with what progress I make.
  4. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi Friends, Just popping on with a quick little update. My hip surgeon originally recommended Dr. Mark Zoland in NYC and from what I can see, he really is a powerhouse in groin, hernia, and pelvic related pains. I called his office this morning and not only do they NOT participate with...
  5. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi @myglasshalffull, Happy New Year and thanks for the support. From my understanding, the general surgeon that I saw said the hernia was small. There is no bulge and only reproduces when coughing. He didn’t give me an estimate in terms of sizing, nor a timeframe to have the surgery done...
  6. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi @daisyduck0801, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent THR! I don’t have any useful advice to give you in terms of your recovery, but I wish you all the best. I’ll try to pop on to your thread and familiarize myself with your story. I’ve had severe anxiety all of my life...
  7. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Hi All, Happy New Year! I’ve mentioned to a lot of people that January so far has been incredibly peaceful, but also very scary and chaotic. I’ve had quite a few upheavals this month that I’m still trying to process, hence not posting. I started the month off with quite a bit of abdominal...
  8. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Very true @myglasshalffull. I’m trying to take an easier approach to recovery this time around. Admittedly, I’m still trying to figure out what makes this right hip “happy.” Overall, I feel like I’m making progress in PT. Stairs are still my arch-nemesis and I still have trouble lifting my hip...
  9. Sammy-Am

    THR 6 weeks

    Hi @alycat11, Sorry to hear all you have been through, but am hoping brighter days are ahead for you. You’ll find a very supportive community here on BoneSmart, so please continue to keep us updated as your journey progresses. Best.
  10. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Thanks @myglasshalffull! I tried Tylenol PM, but it didn’t help in terms of the pain. I do have my heating pad at the ready and will occasionally turn it on to loosen everything up. Oddly enough, this hip hasn’t really responded to ice. Sometimes the colder weather feels nice, but heat has...
  11. Sammy-Am

    THR Post THR advice?

    Are any of these brands ideal for the winter months? It hasn’t been too snowy in New York (yet!), but I have struggled with finding a non-slip shoe for the snow. I used to be a heeled boot or bootie girl, but my hip says absolutely not! LOL!
  12. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

    Absolutely @myglasshalffull! I’m going to follow up with my surgeon on Thursday to see if he can call to do a peer-to-peer. I think sometimes insurance companies don’t take physical therapy seriously! I forgot to mention that I have an appointment on the 23rd with the naturopathic physician as...
  13. Sammy-Am

    THR Post THR advice?

    @shelleekat, Great post! I don’t have anything useful to add on my end, so I’m just here for the responses :rotfl:. I have a high arch on my feet and LIVE in ballet flats—even post hip surgery. I have a decent pair of traditional Skechers, but bending over 2 months post-scope is still a struggle!
  14. Sammy-Am

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Hi @Activitygirl, I feel your pain in regards to the hip scopes. My left hip healed beautifully after my surgery in July of 22 (FAI and labrum repair). My right hip unfortunately has been a much, much longer struggle—FAI and labrum repair in June of 2023 and psoas release, labrum debridement...
  15. Sammy-Am

    THR 1 year post THR with femoral osteotomy - range of motion issues

    Hi @lycheberry, I’m sorry to hear about what you’re going through. While I don’t have hip dysplasia per say, I have femoral anteversion in both of my hips. Unfortunately, while my Mom did take extra care to have my hips looked at and evaluated, the doctors thought I would eventually “grow out...
Back
Top Bottom