Recent content by Sam67

  1. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    @Jockette , @kneeper , @sistersinhim ....thank you all for your advise. The big picture I'm getting is ...slow it down , get more rest. I really wasn't worries until two days ago when there seemed to be some fluid on the new knee. Waiting for my OS appointment Friday and hope it's all good news.
  2. Sam67

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    @mainegirl1 yes not sure how to link it but its called "13 weeks and counting". Started it yesterday.
  3. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    @InkedMarie I said NO NO NO on the inside. But I guess that doesn't count. Thursday is my last PT . Hallelujah !
  4. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    @Roy Gardiner I guess I'm glad I didn't see this forum sooner or I probably would not have done any PT because it was very painful every time. But I straighten at zero and have 126 bending. I know a few people who quit therapy and now have problems using that leg. I just want a great pain free...
  5. Sam67

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    @LooLoo they certainly do :puppysmooze: I'm glad I found this forum to see that others are struggling too, because it seems everyone I knew that had this surgery was walking pain free after 2 weeks . And I was NOT. But I'm glad I didn't come across it sooner because I would have never done my...
  6. Sam67

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    @LooLoo your prayers are much appreciated and rI walk without assistance at home, but take my can for steps and when I leave the house. The worst pain is when I get up from a sitting position, it feels like someone is just stabbing a screwdriver into my knee. And yes, we can totally do this...(I...
  7. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Thanks Jockette, yes I try to do as little as possible at home. But you know how it is. There is always things to do. I'm on .5 Norco and I take 2 every 6 hours - none during the night. I also now take Gabapentin because my scar nerve endings were on fire all the time. Because like I said I'm...
  8. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Neesie, wishing you a speedy and pain-less recovery. It seemed not as bad when I was only working part time and I could go home at noon. I put my leg up at lunch...when I can. I'm just glad to know there are others besides me that still have this much pain after so long.
  9. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Thank you all for your advice. I had to go back to work after 7 weeks and am now back full time, so there is no time to elevate the leg. I do carry my ice pack with me though. I can do most things now, like cooking and cleaning- except go to the grocery store, But I still hurt all day, even...
  10. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    So I just read the knee recovery guidelines Roy Gardiner posted to me. It said if PT hurts, don't do it again. My PT sessions hurt every time, sometimes so bad i have involuntary tears roll down my cheeks. My PT told me that its important to work through the pain.
  11. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Thank you Jockette for your post.
  12. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Sistersinhim, my surgery was May 21st, left knee
  13. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    Thank you lionsm13. I sure hope it's not that long before it feels ok. I would be happy with ok. My PT staff says some people heals slowly I just happen to be one of them. And it may take a while. I thought I was going in the right direction and now this fluid has me worried. I'm sure they'll...
  14. Sam67

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    I'm sorry and I can empathize. Its been 13 weeks since my TKR and I still hurt every day. Most days I wish I never had this done, but I really had no choice. They tell me it will get better. I pray a lot to stay strong and for God to get me through this. I'll be saying a prayer for you too...
  15. Sam67

    TKR 13 weeks and counting

    So I had my knee replacement 13 weeks ago today. Pulling my stitches out accidentally after the first week did not help, but my recovery has been pretty slow. The knee block they give you during surgery did not work much and I had to stay an extra day in the hospital because they could not get...
Back
Top Bottom