Driving....easy actually! First I borrowed Hubby's car because it is higher....mine is very low to the ground. Then my PT helper advised me into my car...and now I'm off! It's all about pointing your leg out as you get in!
I'm free!!!
The wine tasted a little strange at first...until pain meds completely gone I think.
Now it tastes just right! :) I can have that glass of wine with Hubby!!
Now beer is another animal...that still tastes weird. Had one with dinner the other night and it was just....
Funny how our taste changes!
Sock aid worked!! Better than my hubby, who's all thumbs with these nylon type things! I can say he's mighty relieved! What a simple fix!
I've been drinking sports drinks and eating nuts...no twitches last night and I even had a little wine! (no pain meds now!)
To celebrate 2 weeks, I...
Cool Sharon, I'll check mine out...I have one and didn't think of using it! I thought the TED's would be too strong for it.
NOW the sleep problems are setting in a little...two weeks tomorrow from surgery. My legs jerk (both sides!) at night, just before bed. I wonder if it's because I've been...
One night I just said goodnight and went to bed...my husband and friend had a visit, which was fine!!
Thanks Poppet....I've read and re-read your good articles!! :)
It's day 12 and I'm on one crutch or a cane around the house. Loving husband took me out to dinner (surprising how high or low...
Way to go!!! Walking so soon!! I had to ask for pain meds as well...I'd remind them 15 min. beforehand! It helps A LOT! Just sleep...sleep as much as you can!!
I also agree about the emotional support...and pain meds make me crazy ugly, so keep that in mind. Don't hover too much and let him sleep!!
You're amazing to check this out beforehand!! He's lucky!!
Let me tell you...when I woke up from surgery I was ALL SMILES!! And that feeling continued for a long time!! It was the immeasurable relief from the prior pain. Bet they thought I was crazy!! (well...)
If someone had videotaped me clonking around on the deck chasing that cat... :) A few...
One week anniversary today!!
I have to say that for the last 2-3 days I've been saying that I'm more mobile (pain comparison) than I was before the operation!! In fact I'm on one crutch now, just like the day I went in! And it's more comfortable to walk since I can now step on my operated...
Thank you for that!!! I just emailed a youtube of this to my husband...something to look forward to!! Where are you in Canada? We might be nearby.
And the blood thinner...ugh. My new surgeon prescribed ted hose and aspirin two times per day...I'm so relieved. It sounds like you're more active...
Hey thanks!! Pill taking was confusing (addled head) and I added an app called rxmindme. What med, how many times a day, how many doses and when are you starting is what you add....it sets up your schedule and reminds you what to take and when to take it. Some others were buggy for me, but...
Hi Jaycey, I am icing while elevating my leg in the recliner. Wondering about the flushing? Any ideas?
And....I'm getting more rest at home, that's for sure!! Lovely to follow my own schedule!!
I was wondering if anyone had an idea about this: My legs (espec. operated side) swelled up a lot yesterday evening, and I didn't pee much during the evening. Also I was flushed (no temp tho) and nauseated...I thought I had eaten too much at dinner. I can only eat small amounts at a time. Or...
I made it home!! It's much more comfortable...I'm in my recliner with ice on my hip.
Bruises are starting to form along my thigh...it almost looks like there was a clamp there during surgery!
Looking for an IOS app to schedule my cocktail of pain meds...oxy, tramadol. muscle relaxant...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.