Recent content by Salleroo

  1. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thank you! I am thinking both kneeling AND running will never happen!
  2. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thank you! The kneeling thing sounds so scary, especially for you! Thanks
  3. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thank you so much! For the answer and for helping me use the forum! I’m a newbie in forums too!
  4. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    I think I am doing well but have a few questions. First, the first knee (R) has been taking much longer to recover and complete extension is still an issue. I am still in PT twice a week and very good about doing my exercises at home 2-3 times a day. My flexion is good, I think 125 -130 maybe...
  5. S

    TKR ONE DOWN ONE TO GO

    Hi Cibia, I too did back to back knees, R august 17 and L September 26, 2023. I thought I was doing pretty well with the right until the left came along and was doing MUCH better! Still is sadly but the R is still gaining. Much of the issue was that I never was fully extending my R knee during...
  6. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thanks Layla! Things are improving steadily for both but I find my self still icing and still feeling more pain in right knee. I am finally getting improvement in the right extension but still have little buckles when walking about 2-3 times a day. Hoping this improves. Hoping sleep improves...
  7. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    On 8/17, I had right TKR and seemed to be progressing in PT and pain challenging but managed with ice and oxy. Getting to sleep and staying asleep we’re awful! Lots of moaning. Still. I made good progress in PT and I scheduled left TKR for 9/26, just shy of 6 weeks. I knew putting it off...
  8. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thanks Layla! Hard to believe it hasn’t even quite been two weeks yet. For some reason, this knee seems much more capable of healing than the right. The swelling is minimal. The pain level varies but middle of night, early morning and from late afternoon on are the worst. Using oxy only 2-3...
  9. S

    TKR Question About Pain After TKR

    Hi Debbie. I am a newbie. RTKR just 3 weeks ago. I was in so much pain initially day and night and tried oxy to help. The prescription was for only 30, then got refill (only 20) and have since stopped. I cannot get comfortable at night and little sleep for first two weeks and slightly...
  10. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Thanks Nivea. It has been so helpful getting stories from others on their progress. I will use oxy as needed to be able to maintain the ability to move with improved gait and complete PT program. Every day is certainly different.
  11. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    @Layla Forgot. The first done was right knee. Left will follow. Lots of arthritis!
  12. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    @WFD Thanks, I’ve been told that by friends but wasn’t sure how to best manage it as I recover. Clearly, it is too soon to worry about that yet!
  13. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    @Layla Thanks Layla. I’ll check it all out.
  14. S

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Hi all. Just got my first knee done last Thursday and looking for advice and resources to help my recovery. I don’t want to overdo things as I am prone to do. Finally got to take bandage off to shower today! Pain up and down and trying hard to avoid oxycodone except nights where pain took...
Back
Top Bottom