Recent content by Saaryia

  1. Saaryia

    TKR 10k hopeful - May 31, 2015.

    Hi Praise, Yes, I think your goal is attainable but be mentally prepared to change plans if around the date things are not quite ready. I would suggest mapping out a "training plan" starting from 10K day backward to keep yourself on track. That way you won't overtrain at the last minute and...
  2. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Thanks @Celle I just got home from PT, we are doing one more visit, then I'm discharged. I made it through a full Zumba class Monday night (10 weeks to the day). I did a Google search for Zumba after TKR and didn't find anything, so for those who want to shake your booty, please know that it...
  3. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Where exactly is the cycling section?
  4. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    HaHa pdx, thanks. I haven't been on the website for a week or so. The shoes are Fidji, they have a really stable heel base and rubber bottom. I don't ever wear leather bottom heels, too much danger of slipping. I'm a Zappos shopper.
  5. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    8 weeks, 3 days today... Major accomplishment today, jogged 1 mile on the treadmill and walked the rest for 25min total. Something "clicked" at 8 weeks, finally sleeping and swelling really lessening. There is hope :dancy: Keep working at it folks, it is worth it to get full recovery.
  6. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Well Metalheart, you and I sound like kindred souls. I have ridden with Andy, many of my friends have done a Cingale tour or two. He has come out to the training camp in CA that I go to to ride in the past. Actually, I say I "rode with him" but actually I started with him, saw him at the...
  7. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    I used the Game Ready for comfort and compression. I have done some research, and my opinion is that ice is not the best tool to use after the acute surgical recovery phase. I stopped icing after 4 weeks and just used compression and massage. Ice slows blood flow to tissue and I was trying to...
  8. Saaryia

    TKR Question on physical therapy and pain

    I agree, sitting was uncomfortable for a while. I managed by putting my other leg under the heel of my TKR knee and moving it a few cm every 15 mins. The change in position really helped me to sit for about an hour before I had to get up and "walk it out"
  9. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Now at 7 1/2 weeks... The most exciting thing for me was.... HEELS!!! I wore a conservative pair of heels in the office for 10 hours today, Yippee Also, my PT got me jogging on the treadmill for 4 min, back squats with the 45 lb bar, and lunges. Looks like I'm almost back to better than...
  10. Saaryia

    TKR Recovery seems to have stopped

    Have you done any backward walking? My PT puts me on a treadmill with some elevation and makes me walk backward. I have begun to walk outside backward to the amusement of my neighbors. Also "marching" with big leg bends in place for 10-20 steps gets things warmed up before each set of exercises.
  11. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Joni, walking 3 miles is awesome!!! You are doing really well. I do have some discomfort without the narcotics, but narcotics and I do NOT get along. I am using Aleve twice a day. My main sport is cycling, but I had the knee done so I may return to skiing and some minimal running. I'm...
  12. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    UPDATE DAY #27 (I'm going to say 4 weeks tomorrow... like changing a baby's age from months to years lol) Back to work full time last week (week 3) had a bit more swelling on my "standing" days, I alternate between standing all day and some half and half days. I'm at flex 127 with my PT...
  13. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    DAY 15 today: I went back to work today, a half day of 5 hours. Things went really well. I did get fit for a compression thigh high stocking with 20-30mm Hg which helped tremendously for the swelling and I had no pain on my feet. I would highly recommend one. I'm at 115 flex in PT.
  14. Saaryia

    TKR Post Op Shenanigans

    I am 4 days behind you and I think you are doing great! Congrats! I have been going to outpt PT since day 4 and walking unassisted since day 7. Everyone is different, but in response to TexasTee's post, I wanted to share my experience with pain meds. For me, pain meds were worse than pain. I...
  15. Saaryia

    TKR Rapid Rehab in progress

    Brief update: Day 8 Still doing well, only on celebrex and tylenol since day 4 Drove myself to outpatient PT today and the PT stated that I am not overdoing it, and am doing well. 0 degrees straight 104 degrees bent after warming up able to get on stationary trainer bike for 5 minutes twice...
Back
Top Bottom