Recent content by russianblu

  1. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    I am in Northern Territory - in the tropics - we can get bushfires, esp since we have had less rain than usual wet season (Nov to April). The country is very dry - droughts in much o the country - this increases chances of fires. The fires in NSW, Victoria, S Australia have been catastrophic...
  2. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    Fat Pad Impingement, Hoffa's syndrome On both knees, I have a mass of fatty tissue below the kneecap on the lateral side. It may be Hoffa's syndrome. I need to ask my pt and OS about it. Does anyone know about the condition and what movements to avoid or do more of? Thanks
  3. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    Please can my thread title go to "Russian Blue recovery journey". Thanks
  4. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    Thanks Rustic. So pleased to have a reply on this. I use a percussive massager. I'm never sure how much it helps but pt used and rec I get one. Not used foam roller yet, but pt showed me how to use a can under knee, extend leg, and move can back along thigh. On an Australian knee FB site...
  5. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    I got pimply rash on one knee about six weeks out - either side & along the scar - itchy, tiny pimples started like clear blisters & turned red. I thought it was a sweat rash from towels and ice bags. Then I thought it might be reaction to fysio crème, or sorbolene, or bio oil. Put aloe vera on...
  6. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    I’m at about 4 months now (BLTKR) and my right knee has a problem. The outside of the knee joint is tender to touch and it feels like my ITB & hamstrings are tight and painful at the back of the knee. My left knee is fine. I am walking and using an exercise bike. Has anyone else had this...
  7. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    I wanted to see if other bonesmart patients have had same experience of pain in that area and what remedial action they took or were given. I have had this "catching" at side and back of knee for some weeks. There is nothing I've done that is new, or different, or brought it on. It seems to be...
  8. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    I would like to change my thread title because I would like to get feedback on "tenderness in lateral posterior compartment of knee". Would this be possible pls?
  9. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    At my 12 wk review with OS, he was happy with knees overall, but he and I noted tenderness in lateral posterior compartment of R knee. It has been affecting how easily or not I swing that leg and bend that knee in walking action. During the examination, he poked and prodded and it felt like a...
  10. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    @pumpkin @Celle If I want to ask a question of the forum, is there any way I can ensure people see it without changing my thread title to "the question topic"?
  11. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    @marieltha I have done knee lift to horizontal (not more than) for back problems (sacro-iliac) and it is part of the short warm-up at outpatient PT. The variation is on the balls of the feet and ensuring the shin is vertical and ankle cocked. I only do 3 sets on "recovery" days - so once in a...
  12. russianblu

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    I am watching this year's Strictly and would love to get dancing. 12 wks for me.
  13. russianblu

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    Skateboard under your desk? Or plastic bag/paper towel under foot lets you slide to keep knee moving? Hold onto a shelf or equiv - do high knee raises. Often as you can.
  14. russianblu

    Bilateral TKR Russian Blue recovery journey

    At 11 weeks now. Much less stiffness and that tight band below the knee is less obvious. Gait improving as trying hard to "break" right knee as stride through. Got 1 more week of out-patient PT and hydrotherapy at hospital. Will continue hydrotherapy and pay for 10 sessions. My private PT has...
Back
Top Bottom