Recent content by RunwithSmoke

  1. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    What a relief. Thanks! I will just keep at it then, doing but not overdoing.
  2. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    Thanks @Celle and @kneeper - I've been doing a couple of the extension exercises and I walk with the heel to toe motion. I'm still icing and elevating. I think I am doing the right things, but since my knee doesn't seem a lot straighter, I worry that it will always be bent. It is also still...
  3. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    I'm 11.5 weeks along since my RTKR and my knee is slowly getting better. It still looks bruised sometimes, has some inflammation and the kneecap is very sore. And I still have a very hard time getting it to straighten. It was at 6 degrees at eight weeks. I'm not sure what it is now. I can make...
  4. R

    Unloader knee brace

    Are stem cells a viable option yet? I'd love to know the details.
  5. R

    Unloader knee brace

    @Celle I didn't know they had advanced to last that long. It is exciting to me that there is a good possibility that I may never need a revision on my RTKR! I personally think the stroke was caused by my huge adrenaline burst and pounding heart during the epidural. I will opt for anaesthesia for...
  6. R

    Unloader knee brace

    Thanks Denmother and Jean. I am thinking that I'll pass on the Unloader. I had a dog agility lesson yesterday morning. I wore a Donjoy brace on my left knee, but I could not move very well. The knee was very sore afterwards, throughout the day and night. I am pretty depressed about it. I don't...
  7. R

    Unloader knee brace

    Wow, my insurance company won't pay for a brace. If I get one, it won't be custom made. I've been looking at some of the Donjoy's.
  8. R

    Unloader knee brace

    @Denmother - You must have found that it helped a lot to wear it for three years. Was it better than a standard brace? Did you use it for any sports, including walking more than a mile or so?
  9. R

    Unloader knee brace

    Great information, @kneeper and @Mike_in_Pain . Based on how uncomfortable they are, and the prices, I may just keep using my regular Donjoy, which worked okay for my R knee usually. Which brand did you get? Donjoy makes them, and there is at least one other company...
  10. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    @newlybionic thank you. I wish the same for you.
  11. R

    TKR Fireservicetech's Recovery Thread

    Welcome! Sounds like you're doing very well.
  12. R

    Unloader knee brace

    Jaycee, I have a thread called Amy's Right Knee that describes what I've been through. It includes a horribly painful epidural experience, a stroke, breathing troubles and stomach pains from the oxycodone, awful pain when they took me off of the narcotic at three weeks and only gave me an NSAID...
  13. R

    Unloader knee brace

    I had a RTKR two months ago, and have had some issues with the surgery. My left knee is also arthritic with very little cartilage left on the medical side. I am afraid to go through surgery again. So I am desperately trying to find things that will help me stay active. Does anyone have...
  14. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    Newlybionic, This was at the Mayo Clinic. I thought they had all this down to a science. But for anything I have done in the future, I will have anesthesia. My other knee is arthritic and hurts, but I'm afraid to ever go through TKR again. I wish they'd hurry up with the stem cell studies, and I...
  15. R

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    Mimi, thanks. I just finished 21 days of wearing a heart monitor today. Yippee! The neurologist is still trying to find out why I had a stroke. They've scanned my legs, neck and heart (twice), and I'm looking good in there, lol. I think now they suspect atrial fibrillation, so I had to wear the...
Back
Top Bottom