Besides being on Bonesmart constantly after my TKR and revisions, the game Words with Friends was very popular at the time. I would play that a lot. If you are awake in the night and can’t go back to sleep, things like this can occupy your mind until you are sleepy enough to fall asleep. You can...
Just a note on Gabapentin - I had been taking it for about 6 months due to a back injury. It was for nerve pain only. When you begin taking it, it takes about two weeks for it to kick in and start working. So it is not anything you would look to for quick pain relief for a TKR. I hated taking...
Hello ACIM, my very first TKR was in late March of 2011. As it happened my birthday was mid March so with surgery in mind my husband gave me a new iPad for my birthday and you are so very right…once you have your surgery you will spend a lot of time on here. I would read other people’s threads...
Hello Tedi! Everyone of us heal so differently that there is not one thing that you can look to or read to tell you how long it will take for you but I had always been told it can take up to two years. I like you had pain ongoing for so long and I was obsessed with my ROM thinking if I don’t get...
I did a lot of research before buying one. I am 100% happy with it. It is all terrain. It folds practically flat to put in the car. It is spacious for Poppy and lots of storage room for me, water, jacket, umbrella, phone, and her leashes etc. Whatever we may need. It’s got a bonnet that folds up...
That is great that your Henry is such a celebrity!! Dachshunds do garner much attention!! I will show you a picture of Poppy in her stroller with her license plate. As we go, everyone knows her name. This is an awesome doggie stroller. It can hold two pups. The brand is called Ibiyaya and is...
Hi Dolphin5, I have been reading through your thread and wanted to tell you not to despair. I spent many years on Bonesmart with one TKR and two revisions all on the same knee. One of the things that you said that jumped out at me was the tightness around your knee. That I hated so much. I...
Yes, and she has quite a wardrobe. It is actually quite common in blue dogs of several breeds. I didn’t know this, but it’s ok. She is getting the care that she needs.
This is the first picture that I ever saw of her from the breeder…who could resist this?
Here is Poppy! She is a Blue/Tan Piebald miniature Dachshund. She weighs in now at 8.7 pounds. She just had her first birthday about two weeks ago. Poppy because of her Blue coloring has Alopecia. She only loses the blue hair (looks grey) and none of the white or tan is subject to Alopecia. I...
Hi Pumpkin!! I wondered who would still be here, I was not surprised to see your name. Bonesmart always feels like home to me. It was such a big part of my life for so many years.
Hi friends :SUNsmile:
I am still out here fighting my best day in and day out to be as active as I can. I have had some big leaps forward and some giant steps backwards. But I never give up as stated in my tag line.
Stay turned, I'm coming back! Not because I've had another replacement but...
Isn’t that the truth @Mrty2019 - It should be a standard question but I was never asked that question and the words metaL allergy was something that never would have entered my mind. That fact that it is not covered by insurance is ridiculous because insurance companies don’t cover the test for...
@Cementless They called me and left a message but I never had time to call them back...much to busy at work the past couple of days. Chili peppers?!?!?!?!?
Hi @Celle so nice to hear from you again, I always enjoyed talking to you. I thought of you when I saw the news today of the fire in New Zealand. I hope all is well with you and years.
It took me must longer than I ever expected to be pain free. It is such a major major surgery that it just takes a long time to recover. I actually watched a video of a TKR when I was just 6 weeks post op and what that did for me was I let myself off the hook for not getting better faster and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.