Recent content by rubyedith

  1. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    That is certainly great news, @benne68 ! Thanks so much for the encouragement!! May I ask at what point did you feel your first knee was where you wanted it? I certainly welcome any other IT banders to chime in. Thanks!
  2. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    Hi, @benne68 did not mean to disappear, just busy. I did go back to original surgeon. We did MRI and bloodwork. Bloodwork fine. MRI showed thickened IT band. He did steroid injection. Knee is somewhat better. He did write orders for me to do PT again to stretch the IT band. I have not...
  3. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    Thank you @sistersinhim and @benne68. So appreciate your time and your insight. My current surgeon is in Murfreesboro, TN. Would also appreciate any ideas and suggestions from any one else out there who has been in this boat, 14 months out and not good.
  4. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    I feel like my knee is now worse than it was before surgery. My main issues prior to tkr were walking long distances and stairs, and now and then, if I made a sudden turn, electric shock like sensation. Now, I feel aware of it almost all the time. Stairs are really difficult again along with...
  5. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    okie dokie, gang, new girl is now over 14 months out. Went to ortho at 9 months for the new discomfort, got steroid injection, felt some better. Then went to ortho at 1 yr checkup, there was still heat and discomfort. Dr. said he was sorry I still had issues and that sometimes there were...
  6. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    @Rockgirl4 thank you so much for taking your time to reply! Appreciate your thoughtfulness so much. I live in Tennessee and our weather has been warm and lovely, still have tomatoes in my garden, so, guess weather is not a factor. I will put that in my back pocket for future reference. And...
  7. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    thanks @EalingGran and @mendogal ! That's a lot of good thorough info. I wrote a reply right after your answers, maybe I forgot to click "post"??? Anyway, had a good 6 month post op appointment with my ortho. Am now 8 months out, and a couple of weeks ago, I started having an uncomfortable...
  8. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    Hi Gang! Saw my surgeon a few weeks ago. He measured my bend at 145 to 150 and I'm almost able to sit Indian style. I did my first dance exercise session 25 minutes yesterday. I think knee is more stiff and achey today. When do most folks notice knee is not as stiff? Also, I have heard that...
  9. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    @EalingGran Thanks so much for such an in-depth answer; I appreciate being treated both with kindness and as though I have intelligence and can understand and appreciate complex explanations. I doubt my surgeon or PT would give me an answer as thought-out as yours. I will find out when I see my...
  10. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    Thanks gang! You are the BEST cheerleaders!! The right side chronic nerve pain has been and issue since 2009, when it developed slowly after what was then diagnosed to be a sinus infection. I think it triggered something in my immune system. For code purposes, they are calling it...
  11. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    Hi Gang! I feel like I have been MIA... and I certainly have been IN ACTION! About two weeks ago I was so fed up with limping I googled and watched a video from Restore Plus PT. It was super simple and I could do each exercise easily and thought, well, that's not gonna do anything. The next...
  12. R

    TKR 8 months out

    @Maggie M and @Bfan I'm on that same roller coaster at 3 months out. About the only thing I can say positive about my surgeon, is that my scar is decent. About 5 minutes before my surgery, he came in pre op to make an appearance and told me Matt would be taking care of me later and surgeon...
  13. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    @Jockette Thanks! you just made my day!!
  14. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    @Peterfox Thank you so much for your suggestion of Tylenol pm. that is something that has worked for me before and may be of benefit again. Congrats on your sleep!!! So envious!:wink: Thanks for cheering me on in the stretching game. Went to a too aggressive PT for 3 times week for 8 weeks...
  15. R

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    O! Too funny! @benne68 ! I guess I'm in the odic club then! lol~
Back
Top Bottom