Recent content by Rosieglasses

  1. Rosieglasses

    TKR My Pain meds..everyone has an opinion.

    I haven't not taken pain meds. I've gone 8 to 10 hours without pain meds and the pain, while I can tolerate it, is still 3 to 5, depending on my amount of activity. I have to wear a trans scop patch behind my ear because I get terribly nauseous among other odd side effects. I have...
  2. Rosieglasses

    Depression/post-op blues

    I'm not a crier. I grew up with all brothers...there's no crying with brothers. But I have cried so many times since my LTKR I can't count them. I cry when I tell my husband how much I appreciate all that he's done. I cry when someone calls and says nice things. I cry when I just start out...
  3. Rosieglasses

    TKR My Pain meds..everyone has an opinion.

    I had my LTKR on December 7, 2015 so I'm over 8 weeks out. I had relatively no problems with the surgery itself. I did have some interesting side effects with the Percocet that I was given in the hospital, starting with too high a dosage 2 Percocet 10, which lowered my BP and oxygen levels and...
  4. Rosieglasses

    2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    I'm having my LTKR on December 7th. I wished I'd known about this forum earlier. I've been nervous and worried...however, after reading replies to my earlier post and going to sites that have been recommended, I'm beginning to calm down. Still not something I'm looking forward to...but...
  5. Rosieglasses

    LTKR in December

    Thank you, smarttoys. We'll just navigate this TKR together. I usually handle pain well...and not much scares me, however the horror stories my "friends" told me, made me wonder what I was getting into. All I really wanted to know was what to take to the hospital to wear, (and thank you for...
  6. Rosieglasses

    LTKR in December

    My LTKR is scheduled for December 7th. I honestly don't know what to expect and that leaves me stressed. I have two friends who've had TKR and both have told me horrible stories of pain and illness, infections and every gross incident they went through. So, as much as I'd like to ask what to...
Back
Top Bottom