Recent content by Rosalita

  1. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Thanks Layla. The current diagnosis of my knee pain from PT seems to be "patella tendonitis". it feels never ending. Supposed to be walking to rehab from hip replacement but resting for patella tendonitis......can't do both . Knee pain is definitely worse than hip at this point.
  2. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Just saw a physical therapist who said my knee pain might be related to the fact that my pelvis is twisted. He made some adjustments but unfortunately no change as of now. I don't know what to do now but I do have another appointment with the PT on Wed. Beginning to suspect nerve pain from...
  3. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Good. I start "gait training" next week with a PT. Makes me feel like a toddler! LOL
  4. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Yesterday at my 6 week post op appointment, the PA listened to my knee concerns and decided to do xrays of my knee. Sure, it has some arthritis, but nothing outrageous for my age. The PA said it is still POSSIBLE that it could be part of hip recovery but she thinks it is more likely related to...
  5. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Thanks Cricket, I appreciate your input. Since I had the knee issue BEFORE the surgery, it doesn't seem like it would have been caused by it. During my preop appt, my surgeon said that it was probably something to do with the way I was walking (it is the knee on same side as the surgery)...
  6. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Congratulations on a clean house! I have the opposite problem. I have all the energy in the world but am afraid to do much because of the pain (which always hits me several hours later). Sounds like you are listening to your body and making adjustments your activity level.
  7. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Pain around knee that I had before hip replacement seems to be getting worse. I asked Surgeon about it at pre-op appt and he said something about maybe it was the way I was walking because of hip. I guess I assumed that it would be addressed with the hip replacement. Now I am scared that it...
  8. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Thanks. Yes, maybe I just need to take the ibuprofen and tylenol at night and not worry about it. Yes, ice is my friend!
  9. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my right hip replacement and I am having more pain now than I did at week 2. I am not overdoing activity and yet the last two nights I have been having trouble sleeping due to pain which I did NOT have since the surgery. Is this just a "phase" or is something...
  10. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Thankyou you all for your feedback. No malls here in the boonies, but there is a Walmart about 25 min away. It is raining today so I will go indoors and walk around for a few minutes.
  11. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Thank you and YES, I am so much better today. I took today off from doing much of anything. Want to get back to WALKING tomorrow, but I have to find a flat place to do it (I live in the mountains and my property is steep)
  12. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Hi there! I am happy to hear from you. Amazing that we have the same exact date! You are fortunate to have found this website. I have received very valuable information here. Tomorrow is 3 weeks for us. It does get easier. I should have learned from my first hip replacement that" time...
  13. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Good advice. So far I have done NOTHING today (unless you count beating myself up for running around overdoing it yesterday). :eeeuw:
  14. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    Having more sharp pain than ever recently. I reviewed an article you have posted on this site concerning recommended activity for week 3 and realized that I am expecting too much. Yesterday I did too much and am paying for it. I went grocery shopping, met with some friends, went to a thrift...
  15. R

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    You are so much nicer than I am. I told PT on the phone yesterday "OK, you can come on friday, but only to take my blood pressure". How uncooperative! Anyway, 2 days after the "squats", I am back to the way I felt just after I got home. I am only taking ibuphfen for pain. SO much better...
Back
Top Bottom