Recent content by Ropeslinger

  1. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Oh I'm confident that it will improve. It's already so much better than before. I will say that those 5 months prior to surgery with no pain medication was extremely trying... I'm greatful for all of the folks here, what an awesome support system everyone offers...made all the difference to me.
  2. Ropeslinger

    THR Police officer in need of THA

    Well, that's always concerning but you are protected lawfully with regards to you position within the department. I am a retired Chief of Police. If you are given the clearance to return to duty after surgery and recovery, any retaliation by command staff regarding your abilities will be deemed...
  3. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Checking in with an update...had a check up on June 17th, discussed some concerns I had with flexor tendon pain and popping and not being able to lift my leg from the floor while on my back. Surgeon tells me that there was a lot of damage and he had to do some tendon repairs while replacing my...
  4. Ropeslinger

    THR Police officer in need of THA

    Hello, welcome to the forum. What can I do to help? Feel free to message me anytime.
  5. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    @Layla Thank you! I'm doing excellent, getting better every day. Had my 8 week checkup with the surgeon and he's very happy with my progress so far. The bone has healed around the stem the risk of rotation on the stem has passed. He's lifted any restrictions and told me to start using my leg...
  6. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Well, as life not so graciously intervenes at times... I have horses and needed to haul hay today, could not find any help with it and couldn't postpone it any longer. Horses can't carry their own feed so I had to do it myself! Loaded 18, 125lb bale's of alfalfa into my pickup then back to the...
  7. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    I have full support of my surgeon, primary Dr and PT. I've been walking since 4 hrs after surgery and had my first half mile down by day 7 and full mile down by day 12! I'm doing 4 miles on a stationary bike 2 times a day as well as walking 2 miles 2 times a day along with a full round of...
  8. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    6 week post-op check in... So far I'm doing fantastic, been walking without a cane for 2 weeks now, still dealing with muscle weakness but all the pain I had endured is GONE and for that I am thankful. Bought my first bicycle ever and am teaching myself how to ride it :heehee: quite comical...
  9. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Update: Had first outpatient PT today and actually am way ahead of the ball on this thanks to the One Step program I was invited to through this site. The therapist wants me to stop using the cane, but to carry it with me just in case I need it for stability while on long walks.
  10. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    A little update, 3 weeks post-op... I've graduated to a cane now, walking about 300 yards at a time and exercising muscles several times a day. I have sore moments particularly after stretching but getting better every day. It's nice to not be in agony every moment. I actually have been sleeping...
  11. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    @FCBayern thanks, I just want this to work and not have any setbacks...
  12. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Day 15 post-op, feeling so much better, sore but manageable. Since my case is workman's compensation, I still have not had any physical therapy... they cancelled the in home PT and will only allow in office PT but I won't be cleared to drive until April 16 at the earliest. Thank God my wife is...
  13. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    @JohnWilky Staples coming out didn't hurt at all. They'll put steri-strips on after just for support and they'll fall off on their own in a few weeks. Right now I'm just muscle sore but that's going away the more I use my leg. Just doing a lot of reasonable walking and working on muscle...
  14. Ropeslinger

    THR Brand New Hip

    Got the staples removed today and a check-up. Everything is going well. Next appointment is 8n 4 weeks. Also took a shot of the new hip. Feeling really good and working on the PT! Well worth all of it and becoming pain free!
Back
Top Bottom