Recent content by RobertHip1

  1. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    So its over a year since my third hip replacement. I have to say that it is incredible. I have no pain, can jog miles and have won my club doubles tennis tournament. So there is hope even when things go terribly wrong like my story.
  2. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Thank you very much for all your support@Layla. You are doing a wonderful job ☺️
  3. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Hi @Layla, three months over and still waiting for my 6 week checkup! Latest is that the surgeon will see me in the first week of December! Also the surgeon will not be the same surgeon that performed the revision operation but will be the surgeon that performed the original surgery that went...
  4. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Thank you both very much. All seems to be mending but my six week post surgery checkup time has passed and no word from the hospital. I have called about 10times but keep getting passed around! Yesterday an orthopedic secretary said she would contact the surgeon so hopefully I will get the six...
  5. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Hi Mojo33,thanks for asking. I'm on antibiotics after swab show's bacteria on the wound. This is mostly a precaution - hopefully it was just a skin bacteria! Otherwise much faster recovery from this revision than from previous hip replacements. I suppose this is because my leg bone was not sawn...
  6. R

    Revision THR Odd sensations after hip hardware revision

    Subluxation is where your ball had not dislocated but is NOT properly in the socket
  7. R

    Revision THR Odd sensations after hip hardware revision

    Hi janellej, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I wanted to say that I have felt something similar. I had a LHR two years ago and it was great. One year ago I had a RHR. Soon after the operation I felt a very strange sensation as if I was standing in ice! I looked at my foot almost expecting...
  8. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Progress the bleeding has reduced to a minimum, stitches out. I think the clouds are clearing and I am getting a glimpse of sunshine!!
  9. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Hi Layla, good and bad. Good is that I'm in little or no pain since day 2. Hip feels stable the first operation never felt stable. Unfortunately my wound is bleeding daily. It's old blood probably coming from a hematoma a bit deeper down. Current strategy is to hope it drains naturally before...
  10. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Hi jacey, coming off the hard stuff and on to aspirin and paracetamol. If the pain gets bad I can change back to the opioids. Never had IV - feel okay so far.
  11. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Thank you all. I'm coming off meds and pain etc on its way. So far so good.
  12. R

    Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

    Surgery over. To recap ceramic ball smashed why is still a mystery although I believe subluxation had had a role in this. Stem went through plastic liner and was scraping against the metal cup and producing lots of metal particles. Surgeon is pleased with operation. I believe that the whole...
  13. R

    THR Subluxation<<

    Thanks for getting back to me and all the best with your recovery.
  14. R

    Revision THR 3rd time!

    Thanks Josephine.
Back
Top Bottom