Recent content by rkw

  1. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    Thinking about how successful my case was....im thrilled. Only disappointed in that I still have close to the range of motion I was hoping for. The frustration is it still takes me as long as a 30 mins. to put a sock on...grrrr,i don't wanna use one of those sock putter-on-er. I'll bite the...
  2. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    I should respond to this too. While we never determined a direct cause beyond surgery being quite taxing on my body and mind. Asses Verapamil to my med list and it solved the issue quite nicely. To be candid it also helped address a post-surgical ED issue. Also noticed I've started having...
  3. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    d'oh! Thanks so much, I totally whiffed on adding yo the old thread Apologies. I just enjoy the site for how much info is here and the people too. I was just doing a new range of motion movement the doc suggested yesterday and the thigh & hip noticed juuuuust a little. Having me very gently...
  4. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    Hard to believe it's been a year for my THRL. That first month was really interesting and so painful. Thanks to my wonderful wife I was able to get past that even walking everyday outside my PT. I'm fully mobile now but with a family significant loss in range of motion. I probably have reached...
  5. R

    TKR Non opioid recovery

    hi all, as someone who has required opiate pain meds since I was 9yrs old, I have a bit of insight First, during surgery one of the docs put in a line for what amounted to an ibuprofen pump rather than morphine. I can say it worked amazingly well. Sadly it was only in a short time thanks to an...
  6. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    I do have a question about a phenomenon I'm experiencing...I have had orthostatic low BP it I stand-up too quickly. This is new. I've read it can be due to the anesthesia as well as being under doe near to 4hrs. I've altered my ACE inhibitor back to my starting dose. I guess the question...
  7. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    @Jaycey I am right there with you on the PT, not necessary. At PT I warm up with low reairesist, just enough to keep my feet on the pedals, recumbent bike for about 10mins. That leads to the 2 or 3 exercises. It was interesting today as the pain today is where the doc indicated for the...
  8. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    This was me still in post-op about 2.5hrs out of the OR. Feeling no pain... Hi ya, Thanks so very much for the sage advice. The leg raises aren't an issue, if that was how I wrote it..oops! I'm just doing two sets of 10. It's more yoga-like not abrupt movements. It's nice as my surgeon...
  9. R

    THR Full year on 01/23/2019

    I've been post-op about 8 weeks today. Surgery date was 01/23. My procedure took about 3.5hrs rather than the 2.5hrs the doctor eatimates. My surgery was via posterior approach. The scar is tidy and about 9" long. He uses Zimmer products. Mine is all metal but I never asked which ecact...
  10. R

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Setup the other day for the 23rd...THR (left). First major surgery ever, 56 now. Just so looking fwd to a relatively pain free hip since I first fell through the ceiling in 2014. Fall stopped by beam I was straddling. Yeah, oops! [emoji38][emoji3] Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
  11. R

    Mini/Micro posterior/Superpath?

    Thx for this post. I also fit in the same physical category. So nice to find a few more details. I'm also having my pre-op physical on 01/05 and the plan is two weeks after or the 2nd week of Jan. Best luck on your procedure... Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom