Recent content by rkoldschool@com

  1. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Kevin, me as well. My Surgeon is great thankfully, it's just gaining an understanding of the fact that everyone else involved during either pre or post-op can and often do change depending on the day of the week, shift, etc. Thankfully I won't need another hip replacement but I know now that...
  2. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Caryl, I really appreciate it and no worries at all. I believe I know what happened and am glad it's corrected. Appreciate the words of wisdom. I definitely need to be more patient that's for sure. I have written and am presenting my surgeon with the letter at my follow-up on the 15th...
  3. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Deb I appreciate the advise. I'm doing well in my opinion but would like 1. to have more endurance, 2. to get the localized swelling down as that's really the only remaining area I have any swelling and 3. get this incision healed up. I think last time it might have taken nearly a month...
  4. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Thank you for your insight regarding the cane. I appreciate that. It makes total sense. I find that my gait is pretty good but I do not have endurance. I notice it especially when going downhill, my leg begins to quiver and I'd really like to build up enough strength and endurance to get rid of...
  5. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    @Mojo333 I posted this over a week ago but for some reason it has no views and no responses. Did I do it incorrectly? Thanks
  6. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Hey Gang, so I finally have time to get back to the details of my surgery, well actually everything that happened in the hospital aside from my actual surgery and provide a quick status update. So.....I'll try to be as brief as possible. I was a bit dehydrated going in so the techs had trouble...
  7. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Mojo, I sure do. I'll do exactly that. I'm very happy that I'm not obligated to go to formal PT and can't wait to see how things turn out. :-)
  8. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Elf1, I appreciate the recommendation. I'm definitely drafting a letter, was going to send it to my surgeon to circulate since he is the Chief of Ortho but I like your idea better. I'll figure it out one way or another but thanks again.
  9. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    Tks Layla and John. Appreciate it. Now to keep myself from overdoing it. :-)
  10. R

    THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

    I'll keep this one short and sweet and follow-up with the details once I'm more awake and lucid enough to type for an extended period of time buuuuuuuuutttttt, my second THR (L) went extremely well (the surgery, not the surrounding hospital nightmare that I will tell you about later but, yeah...
  11. R

    THR Worried about Limp PostOp

    If its any consolation, my Surgeon said to expect things to become sort of normal at about the 1 year mark and that gait correction is one of the longest things to accomplish. Good luck!!!
  12. R

    THR Should I be Concerned

    Hey Layla, I'm sooo sorry it took me so long to get back on here. Work has been crazy and I work in a facility where I unfortunately do not have access to this site but, that said...Thank you!!! I'm getting ready for Hip #2 now. Shooting for a Mid December surgery date. My Surgeon's office just...
  13. R

    THR Should I be Concerned

    Hey buddy, hope you're past that sensation. Was the worst thing that happened to me during my recovery. Not happy with my PT's for that. Also wanted to apologize for taking so long to respond. I'm back to work full time and have been slammed. Needless to say, I'm walking between 1.5 and 3 miles...
  14. R

    THR Should I be Concerned

    Awwww tks Cricket. Not going to lie, I still have some general soreness which I'm sure will last for a while but I'm determined to ensure I succeed in this endeavor. Out of curiosity, how long before you could tie your shoe again and did you actively stretch daily? Tks
  15. R

    THR Should I be Concerned

    Tks Mojo. I'm feeling great, getting great exercise walking and feel like things are going really well. And I absolutely agree, slow and steady wins the race!!! tks for reaching out!!
Back
Top Bottom