Recent content by Riley

  1. Riley

    TKR Advice please

    You poor thing. My heart breaks for you! I know my dr would be concerned about that ROM at 6 weeks. But, I don't think you have the correct amount of rest by any means. I wouldn't have been able to chase little ones around like you are. I hope you can find some help sweetie.
  2. Riley

    TKR Pain after 3 yrs of TKR

    Get tested for metal allergies. I suffered for 4 years and got very sick because I was allergic. It's a simple blood test. If that is the cause, there is no need to suffer my dear. Good luck to you.
  3. Riley

    Revision TKR Questions after revisions

    Hi everyone. I am coming to you with some things that I am concerned about but first of all the specifics. My ROM on my left knee is 120/0 and my right is 110/0. I did PT as required by my surgeon and finished last week. They were pushing me to do the strengthening excercices which were...
  4. Riley

    TKR Nickel Allergy Questions

    @cubby217 My dr ordered the testing and it was done at Orthopedic Analaysis in Chicago Illinois
  5. Riley

    TKR Nickel Allergy Questions

    @cubby217 Right before my surgery I was to the point where I was so weak I could barely get out of bed. I experienced chronic pain, fatigue, Fibro that wouldn't resolve itself. My dr told me it is actually like being poisoned for years. My liver was being affected. I had some blood work...
  6. Riley

    TKR Nickel Allergy Questions

    I just had revision surgery for that same reason. I have the Oxinium knee. I saw a revision specialist. I got very, very ill while I had the knee with the metal. I am having surgery on Dec 19th, to have my other knee replaced because it has metal in it. I do believe that you must find a...
  7. Riley

    Revision TKR Questions after revisions

    Please change title to left knee revision questions I am 4 weeks out now. I use my wheelchair when I go to dr appts or when I know there is more walking than I know I can handle. However, when my leg is hanging down it swells and gets very painful!!! Why is that? I also should mention that...
  8. Riley

    Revision TKR Questions after revisions

    Thanks for all your informational replies. I have a different home pt now and she believes more in the elevation and resting especially after seeing how little swelling I had. My rom is 73/3. She said she is very pleased with that however had more pt today and was in tears after she left I...
  9. Riley

    Revision TKR Questions after revisions

    I am too tired too give much detail but woke up in recovery in a lot of pain. Didn't have a nerve block because I have nerve damage from the first surgery from the femoral block. Pain became "tolerable" after about 1½ hours. They sent me home yesterday, September 6 and home PT just left. She...
  10. Riley

    Looking for PT in Kenosha WI

    I have had surgery and am on the other side. Pain is pretty much under control but not to say I'm not in pain. It's about a 6-7. They got me up today and put me in a chair. OUCH! Thank you for your prayers.
  11. Riley

    TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

    My first surgeon did not put in the right size spacers. He also did not test me for a nickel allergy. On a side note, he also left me with permanent nerve damage, but there isn't anything that can be done about that. I have never got better, in fact, just got sicker and in more pain as time...
  12. Riley

    TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

    How encouraging! I go in this Friday, Sept 2nd for a revision. I really needed to hear something positive because I think I am going to be like you were! Then, in * weeks I have to go back for the other knee. I do not have a good experience the first time around. I have a really good...
  13. Riley

    TKR Allergy to nickel

    I am having revision surgery on Friday for a severe nickel allergy. Had knee replacement 3½ years ago and have got sicker every day since. I am to the point where my knee hurts so bad and my body is so inflamed that I have pretty much not got out of bed in 3 months. Fibro is out of control...
  14. Riley

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    My Dr is using Smith and Nephew Oxinium Knee
  15. Riley

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    I have a Specialist who has won awards and is highly respected. His name is Dr Christopher Evanich in the Milwaukee Wi area. I'm sure I am not his first patient with Fibro and everybody that I have talked to rave about him. So, I put my faith in God, and the Dr and pray for a good recovery...
Back
Top Bottom