Recent content by Rex919

  1. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    I went to P/T today, which turned out to by more an evaluation appt more then anything else. Just another insurance hoop to jump through. Evaluation will be submitted and then Ins. company will/will not approve X amount of visits. Once again anyone who thinks health care in America works...
  2. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    @Josephine 1. 4 3 knee + 1 for foot and ankle pain from previous surgeries and neuropathy 2. Oxycontin 20 mg, oxycodone 10mg, gabapentin 300mg, Norco 10/325 from pre surgery. Presently I am taking 1 Oxycontin about midnight, 1-2 oxycodone during the night. I am taking 1000mg of Tylenol...
  3. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    @Josephine I logged in with my new computer to answer your questions but it appears you have removed them. So 4 week mark. Walking several times a day, pain during the day is manageable with Tylenol and the occasional Norco. Night time is a different matter, sleep is still hard to come by. I...
  4. R

    TKR Take care

    I tried using a cane on my walks and decided even though I am ready to use it, actually I can probably go with out both. I went back to the walker for my daily walks because I can concentrate on my walking form, it just allows me a more natural gait.
  5. R

    TKR New to the recovery forum.

    I had my RTKR on Nov 14, hang in there right now concentrate on healing. Pushing to hard to early just slows things down, that is the voice of experience. And as has been said before stay ahead of the Pain! If you do something thast increases pain or swelling listen to your body and stop. Best...
  6. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Well 3 weeks to the day from my surgery. 6am and sleep still has not come. This has not been a good night. I know it will get better but that does not help right now. Anyway just stop by to commiserate and read about some other peoples bumpy road. It does help.
  7. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    First off..... OMG I should have bought this wedge pillow from day 1! Yes, I have read most of the articles, some of them while quite medicated,. Grocery store, yes all of the services are available. It was suppose to be a bread, milk and get out of the house for a short time trip. Not the way...
  8. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Lol, old school pen and paper! Yes in the old days I used such instruments. What I like about Medisafe, the app I use, is data entry is easy and the alerts. If I am napping it wakes me. It also has all kinds of tools to link with your pharmacy but that seems like it would be more useful for...
  9. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Just a side note, between naps and the the pain drug induced fuzz I started to have trouble keeping track of when I had or should take meds. The solution I found was to d/l an app. Problem solved! I have an android and there were dozens, I am sure Apple store has plenty also. I picked the one...
  10. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    I do have considerable sympathy for those that are having issues getting the meds they need. Yes, there are addiction and abuse issues out there but the people that are truly in need of pain drugs should not be swept up in this political driven hysteria. I have had a relationship with my...
  11. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Time for an update. After my ER adventure I had better pain management but was not what I would consider acceptable. I got through those several days and had my first Post OP appt. with my surgeon on 11/29 . I have a very long history with him and his staff. (I tried to edit my signature to...
  12. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Well it has been an interesting weekend. On Friday I did the math and my surgeon had not given me enough pain meds to make it to my first post op appt. What should have been an easy situation to fix was complicated by the holiday weekend and US rules concerning opiates. I was able to speak to...
  13. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    I don't check here every day. I am open to any conversations.
  14. R

    TKR Rex's RTKR Big Adventure<

    Thanks for the reply. I am trying very hard to go slow. Moderate seems to be the puzzle, what feels good one day is excruciating the next. Intellectually I have done the reading and understand the program, unfortunately my knee isn't playing by any rules....lol. slow and steady is the plan and...
Back
Top Bottom