Recent content by remo7

  1. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    It doesn't look like the cup revision is an option right now. He suggested that it be done posteriorally, but since I had the THR in July, 2016, he thought it would be too soon to have it done. He said it would compromise the joint this soon after anterior hip replacement. I really like the...
  2. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    My OS says that I now have three choices to relieve the pain in my groin. 1. Nothing 2. Psoas tendon release 3. Replace the mis-alligned cup Thoughts?
  3. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    My surgeon thinks that the psoas is inflamed due to rubbing up against the cup. By the looks of the x-rays, the cup is sticking out beyond the bone just so very slightly. He said that this occurs in around one in sixty THR's. he thinks that the PT might help stretch the psoas so it no longer...
  4. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    Last week, I was given a cortisone injection in the psoas tendon to possibly relieve an impingement. The OS told me that IF the shot worked, I would have immediate pain relief. WELL... no relief. I am now doing PT for six weeks with stretching only. No strengthening. If not better, I believe he...
  5. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    Went to the OS last week. He believes that my iliapsoas tendon might be rubbing up against the edge of the implanted cup causing inflammation. The next step might be a cortisone shot under a fluoroscope.
  6. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    What exactly does that mean?
  7. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    Thanks for your help. I'll give those suggestions a try. I'm willing to try anything at this point. It seems to be getting worse! Thanks again!
  8. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    I tried ALL types of massages. Even dry needling.
  9. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    What exercises does she have you doing? I had deep muscle massages for weeks-no help. Exercises for two months. Someone said it could be nerve impingement?
  10. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    No. The severe pain for about a minute or more when I first get up from sitting or laying is a 7-8. The pain then subsides to a 2-3 until I sit and get up again.
  11. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    Good luck with yours!
  12. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions Anterior approach 2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine) ...
  13. remo7

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    Thanks. I will start trying to ice it more often.
Back
Top Bottom